Coordinating picking up a cancelled reservation

foxfire79k

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Another forum member is canceling an ADR and we are trying to coordinate so that I can pick it up. What is the best way to do this?

Hi everyone!

Another forum member is canceling an ADR and we are trying to coordinate so that I can pick it up. What is the best way to do this?

Be on the dining site with all of your information plugged in before s/he cancels. Have that person send you a private message ASAP upon cancelation then hit the search button ASAP. If all goes well the ADR should be there for you to select.

When I coordinate with someone they tell me what time they are going to drop the ADR. Say for instance it's CRT, I would then go sign into MDE a few minutes prior to dropping time to make sure I am logged in, I would go specifically to CRTs page and enter in the time the reservation is for and the number of guest the reservation is for and then when the time comes that you guys agreed to drop it at I would continue to hit refresh until the time pops up and then you grab it. I would also make sure the time you guys decide to drop it at is at an odd time like at 9:57 or a time where most people wouldn't be online that way you won't risk losing the ADR. Say for instance someone post at 10:20 they have a cancellation, don't make the drop time at 10:30 as people would know it's going to be dropped soon and may look for it so they can grab it themselves. Hope that helps you :)

When I coordinate with someone they tell me what time they are going to drop the ADR. Say for instance it's CRT, I would then go sign into MDE a few minutes prior to dropping time to make sure I am logged in, I would go specifically to CRTs page and enter in the time the reservation is for and the number of guest the reservation is for and then when the time comes that you guys agreed to drop it at I would continue to hit refresh until the time pops up and then you grab it. I would also make sure the time you guys decide to drop it at is at an odd time like at 9:57 or a time where most people wouldn't be online that way you won't risk losing the ADR. Say for instance someone post at 10:20 they have a cancellation, don't make the drop time at 10:30 as people would know it's going to be dropped soon and may look for it so they can grab it themselves. Hope that helps you :)

Thanks for the tip on waiting, I lost a CRT ressie I was trying to get from someone a couple of weeks ago because I didn't think about the need to wait. Learned that lesson the hard way, so bummed I didn't get it :(

Thank you for posting this information--I will know what to do now if I see something.........although I can't help but feel like this is a job for Macgyver. :laughing:

In any case, this is now my 10th post so I can PM!! :cool1: YAY!

When I coordinated for my BOG reservation, the person and I logged into our accounts at the same time, I went ahead and pulled up BOG for the day and time I wanted and then kept hitting refresh on the page like 100times as she cancelled the reservation. It popped up and I snagged it, but if you delay you might miss it as the popular ones can be snagged within seconds!

I started hitting refresh on both my computer and phone app starting 1 min before our scheduled time. Also be sure to confirm time zone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter