Cooling devices--I have bought or tried many of them out and here are my reviews

IowaGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I have to try to keep my coolest because of a medical condition, and lets face it, being hot and sticky is not all that fun--so I am always in search of
"cooling secrets" and I have bought many of the new gadgets and compared them all, so here is my opinion if you want it (or not :) )

1) Misty mate sport--pumps a fine mist of water on you, about the size of a 20 oz bottle of water, but a little clunky due to the weight of the pump mechanism. not too terribly bad, though. Wal Mart for 9.97 in the fan dept. I am taking it back though because I have found other things to work better. It would clip to a fanny pack, and then you can clip the hose to your shirt, and pump away at will.

2) :thumbsup2 Corabiner Misting fan by 02 Cool. 2.97 I am going back for one for everyone in the family. Wal Mart 2.97 in the fan dept on a little side display--wing stack. These are so much better than the dollar store version. Is is the size of a small squit gun, with a fan. Fits in your palm, with a key chain hook. Perfect amount of mist, plus nice fan speed.

3) :sad2: IFAN by 02 Cool, Wal Mart 3.88 A fan that you can wear around your neck---a little longer tha a deck of cards. Made a horrible noise, extremely loud, not much air circulation. Taking that puppy back.

4) :thumbsup2 Water bladder Found this in the sporting goods dept, Wal mart. It has a hose attachment and you can fill it with ice and carry it in a backpack. Hubby reported it felt very good on his back. Holds up to 2 liters. 8.78

5) I have bought the neck bands that swell from wal mart too, and they have leaked and not leaked, but when they don't leak, they really kept us cool on our last trip. I bought some new ones from Miracool, as well as the "Cooling Hat"--I have not received that yet, but I'll let you know what it is like.

6) :sad2: Finally, Sharper Images sells a plastic neck fan, I think it was about $30 that they say cools you significantly, but all it did was sputter water on me in the store. That was fun!

Hope this helps!

Thanks IowaGirl! My aunt has MS and is always looking for ways to keep as cool as possible while still enjoying outdoor activities. She not on the dis yet (I may get her here soon since she loves Disney too!), so I'll copy and paste it into an e-mail for her (if you don't mind!). Thanks again!

Thanks for the review. I've wondered about buying the neck packs but have heard that some leak. Does it seem to matter where you buy them? Are the camping store ones better than the Wal-mart ones? I'm willing to pay more for no leaks?

Avon just started selling these cooler fans, sandals and neck bands. They're not avail. for sale yet but will be in about 2 -4 weeks. I just got mine (I'm an Avon rep.) and I love them. The neck band is this really soft micro terry and it feels great. No leaks, but I'll let you know.

Another thing that may sound gross, but helped me was this: I'd take a break, find an inconspicuous seat and remove my shoes and place a cold bottle of water on its side on the ground and roll my feet over it, like a massage. It cooled me down, massaged my feet, really helped. Then I'd just put on some foot powder or lotion and put my shoes back on and I'd be ready to go another 4 or more hours!!

:teeth:
IowaGirl said:
2) :thumbsup2 Corabiner Misting fan by 02 Cool. 2.97 I am going back for one for everyone in the family. Wal Mart 2.97 in the fan dept on a little side display--wing stack. These are so much better than the dollar store version. Is is the size of a small squit gun, with a fan. Fits in your palm, with a key chain hook. Perfect amount of mist, plus nice fan speed.

So glad to hear positive reviews! I bought four of them last week :teeth:

Nice review!
We tried the bandana thingies on our last trip to Disneyland. I didn't like the slime on my neck (from the gel stuff...it kind of oozes out through the material).
We just bought a Mistymate from Walmart for this trip to WDW. It'll probably be a little clunky to carry around, but I think for keeping us cool, it's going to be worth it.

Thanks again for the review. It's post's like this that help us newbies plan for our trips! :thumbsup2

Could you please post a picture of the Corabiner Mister, I have been to Walmart a number of times and not sure what I am looking for. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter