coolest resort mug?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
we are staying at asmu and will buy those mugs for our stay...but, i am wondering what the other resort mugs look like? i use an insulated mug at work and would like another one for a souvenir and to remind me of the trip!

what do the mugs from other resorts look like? which is your favorite?

I like the WL mug because it is the tapered shape that fits neatly in the cupholder of the car. I am also partial to the colors--hunter green and oatmeal, with the WL bear logo. (WL also sells the other mug type, which does not fit into the cupholder.) We picked up a YC/BC mug out of the trash (!) in the hallway one day (I can imagine what people are going to think about us, but why let a perfectly good souvenier go to waste?) and it was cute with retro Minnie and Mickeys on it, but it was the shape that did not fit into a cupholder.

I really like the WL one, too. It's 20 oz & has a top that moves to close so I don't spill. I use it to take my coffee to work each day.

I didn't really like the one from CR. It was small, like 12 ozs & no closing top.

Originally posted by Kimberle
I really like the WL one, too. It's 20 oz & has a top that moves to close so I don't spill. I use it to take my coffee to work each day.

I

Ditto, I use my 20oz all the time. Since we had to go past RF to go to transportation, I would fill it, and carry it. I would fill it at the park from the drinking fountain and vendors would give me ice.
FYI: I understand they are going up a dollar soon.

Our favorite is the one we got several years ago at Dixie Landings (when it was still known by that name). It has Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, and Brer Frog on it. Does anyone know what the current mug at POR looks like?

Originally posted by frndofpooh
Our favorite is the one we got several years ago at Dixie Landings (when it was still known by that name). It has Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear, Brer Fox, and Brer Frog on it. Does anyone know what the current mug at POR looks like?

I am sitting here looking at mine right now! It is a light yellow with a grey-green silhouette of ::MickeyMo with a fishing pole, a paddle-wheel steam boat and Donald and Goofy playing music. I love it!

Hope that helps.

Elin

Go to wdwig.com and click "accomodations". When the next page comes up, scroll down the left side to refillable mugs. It'll give a description and price of each one. It doesn't have a picture but will give you some idea of what they look like.

If it dosen't have to be a resort mug the kitchen shop at the CR had some great travel mugs. I got an insulated sliver one for me with minnie and one with mickey for dh. They have the slide top and fit into the car cupholder. I imagine the DTD area has an even bigger selection.

TJ

When we stayed at the WL we had a choice of mugs. One was a tall skinny one that would fit in a cup holder. One was shorter and wider. :wave2:

When we stayed at the WL we had a choice of mugs. One was a tall skinny one that would fit in a cup holder. One was shorter and wider. :wave2:

My husband and I each got a travel mug from DTD. They are each a different type but neither is able to go into the dishwasher.

Our POR mugs (from end of July/early August this year) are white with purple and pink Mickeys with fishing poles, a pink Donald with a drum and a purple Goofy playing the trumpet--they are really cute!! DH and I have the travel mug type (very handy!) and our two DS's have the wider ones--all the same design.

I found descriptions on Deb's website

REFILLABLE MUGS AT WDW RESORT MUG PRICE REFILL PRICE DATE SIZE COLOR/LOGO LOCATION

All Stars Music/Sports/Movies $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 OZ All Star Resorts - Regular & Travel Mugs Food Courts

Animal Kingdom Lodge $10.99 FREE 12/02 Travel or Standard Light Blue Top; Mara Mara Quick Service

Beach Club $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 oz Blue & White - Yacht & Beach Club Logo Beaches and Cream Soda Shop Hurricane Hanna's Grill

Boardwalk $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 OZ White w/Red Handle; Daisy/Donald Bwalk BoardWalk Joe's Coffee Cart and BoardWalk Bakery

Caribbean Beach $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 oz White w/light blue, dark blue, red, pink, light purple or dark purple lid & handle Flounder & Sebastian Scene Food Court

Contemporary $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 OZ White mugs with purple and red designs (monorail, Mickey) Food N Fun Ctr

Coronado Springs $10.99 FREE 12/02 16 OZ White, w/3 Cabelleros Pepper Market & Siesta Poolside

Port Orleans Riverside WAS: Dixie Landings $10.99 FREE 12/02 12OZ Yellow & green w/Mickey fishing & Goofy & Donald playing instruments Colonel's Cotton Mill - Sassagoula Fd Ct - PO

Ft. Wilderness $10.99 FREE 12/02 Travel Style Mug Trail's End (SoftDrinks) or Meadow's Pool

Grand Floridian $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 oz White w/yellow trim - Alice in WonderlandWhite w/red trim Captain Hook
Gasasparilla Grill - There is no info on the menu boards about the mugs, they are kept at the registers and have to be asked for.

Old Key West $4.95 $1.65 9/01 12oz mug & 16oz sports bottle Mugs are white with DVC Logo Goods-to-Go

Polynesian $11.99 FREE 12/02 12 OZ White w/blue lid & handle, Mickey & Minnie beach scene Captain Cook's

Port Orleans French Quarter $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 OZ White w/purple handle & turquoise lid, POrleans Gator Logo Sassagoula Fd Ct/Colonel's Cotton Mill-DxL

Wilderness Lodge $10.99 FREE 12/02 Travel or Standard Beige w/Logo Roaring Forks

Yacht Club $10.99 FREE 12/02 12 OZ Blue & White - Yacht & Beach Club Logo Beaches and Cream Soda Shop Hurricane Hanna's Grill

thanks for all of the replies!

i'm still undecided, so i guess i'll have to do some resort-hopping when we're there, to see which one i like ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter