• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coolest Ice Cream Place on HHI!

mom2g3

Earning My Ears
WOW! We went to The Old Oyster Factory for dinner tonight. It wasn't nearly as upscale as we expected; however, the food is really good. DH had the Grilled Swordfish with the corn and pineapple salsa on top with scallops and I had the Fried Seafood Platter. It was lightly breaded and was very good. I usually do not like fried seafood, but this was very good!

We asked our server where the best ice cream on the island is and she said, "Hilton Head Ice Cream". We found it on our GPS and went. The decor is RIDICULOUSLY ECLECTIC! It's really neat! It's a bunch of collectible and hodge podge, but it's really interesting. They have decorated with things from coconuts made into funny heads with faces to cookie jar collection (including a few disney ones) to a large wooden dollhouse, to a post with a bunch of different types of ice cream scoops attached to it, to a shark nose ceiling fan, to copper sheet covered tables to a large fishtank, to a real bicycle with a milkcrate attached to the front with E.T. in it, to Harry Potter's hat and scarf and on and on. They even have a huge tortoise shell with several faces of US Presidents carved in to it. It was so interesting to look at everything! It was a really WEIRD mixture of things, but really cool!

The ice cream was great, too! It kinda reminded me of the ice cream we always get in the parlors on Cape Cod. They make it all there on site.

It's very small, but well worth going. The kids will LOVE it! It is now a must-see for us on every trip we take!

NOTE: They only take cash, so go prepared!

Thanks for the info. We will definitely try it out this summer. Sounds like a lot of fun, and we need to make sure the ice cream is up to par so we can report back. ;)

Thanks! HHI and ice cream-two of my favorite things. I just hope it's open off season since that's when we usually go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter