Coolest Hard Rock Amenity Yet!

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
By now, the Hard Rock Hotel should be placing a free copy of my Universal guidebook "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide To The Ultimate Theme Park Adventure," in all its "superior" rooms (there are 28, I believe).

So here's a great way to get a copy for "nothing." :rotfl:

Seriously, I would appreciate hearing from those of you who find a copy in your room and please don't let me stop you from telling the hotel what a thoughtful touch you thought it was. :cool1:

Aww shucks! I just bought your 2005 edition. You mean all I had to do was book a high end suite instead of a poolview?

IMGONNABE40! said:
Aww shucks! I just bought your 2005 edition. You mean all I had to do was book a high end suite instead of a poolview?
Timing is everything! :teeth: Actually, I don't think it has to be a suite. I think they're talking about the "deluxe" rooms, the slightly larger ones with the seating area. I stayed in one last month (419, I believe).

Well, there is a good chance I will be at HRH in a king suite this Friday so I will look for it. Thanks for the heads up.

I stumbled onto a site :badpc: the other day that was pre-selling the 2006 Edition. :hourglass Glad I didn't get it because now I just need to get a room at HRH and lift a copy!:rolleyes1

Kelly-

I read your post yesterday, and even though we are staying at HRH club THIS THURSDAY :banana: I doubted that we would be one of the rooms lucky enough to get your book...so I went out with DH and bought it!!

I consider myself a Disney expert, but somewhat new to Universal, having only been a few times (once with the family last year at PBH club, the former two times in my early 20's when it was just Universal Studios).

Anyway, I'm really enjoying your book, especially the humorous way you describe things...a bit naughty even (i.e. E.T. is like small world on acid...hee hee :teeth: ).

Thanks again. I will post a trip report when we get back (HRH 4 days, Disney BWV 8 days)

Erikarate said:
Anyway, I'm really enjoying your book, especially the humorous way you describe things...a bit naughty even (i.e. E.T. is like small world on acid...hee hee :teeth: ).
Hooray! Someone noticed!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana:

Motherfletcher said:
I stumbled onto a site :badpc: the other day that was pre-selling the 2006 Edition.
Yikes!! I guess that means I better get busy and write the little sucker!

I was in deluxe club 7/4 - 7/7 and alas, no book in the room. I've loved reading my copy, tho, numerous times!

Can you persuade Portofino Bay to place a copy in each of its deluxe rooms too? Pretty Please? :sunny: I changed last month from HRH deluxe to PBH deluxe :rolleyes: Typical!!

:wizard:

Frances999 said:
Can you persuade Portofino Bay to place a copy in each of its deluxe rooms too? Pretty Please? :sunny: I changed last month from HRH deluxe to PBH deluxe :rolleyes: Typical!!

Actually, this was on the initiative of the new general manager of HRH. Apparently, when he got the new posting, he picked up a copy of my book for research. The rest is history.

kellymonaghan said:
Actually, this was on the initiative of the new general manager of HRH. Apparently, when he got the new posting, he picked up a copy of my book for research. The rest is history.
Okay :flower: I will check Amazon.co.uk as I really would love a copy!

Thanks for replying :)

ok, i will be in a deluxe room the second weekend of october.

will let you know if your book is there.

by the way, are you suggesting me to lift it????

you said new general manager, is lou gone?

macraven said:
by the way, are you suggesting me to lift it????
you said new general manager, is lou gone?
My understanding is that the book is there for your use. If you decide to take it with you, they're cool with that.

And, yes, there's a new GM -- Carlton Hudson.

Bummer - I just went to our local Barnes & Noble to get a copy & they said the one published in Nov. 2004 was out of print & the next publishing date wasn't scheduled until Nov. 2005. Looks like they still have the 2004 edition on their web site, but I leave in a little over a week & am afraid I wouldn't get it before the trip.

Well, I was at HRH on Friday night in a club deluxe room and no book. I guess they haven't gotten around to putting them in the rooms yet.

RyGuy said:
Well, I was at HRH on Friday night in a club deluxe room and no book. I guess they haven't gotten around to putting them in the rooms yet.

hey ryguy, want me to borrow one for you and me when i go in october??

hey, maybe i will borrow two so we each have our own...................
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter