• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cooler Question, Please Clarify

ourboys3

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We received our documents today for our January 28th cruise :cheer2: and as I read through them it says that personal coolers may not be brought on the ship unless it used for medication. I have read many posts that have said people have used soft sided coolers to bring in water and then use for bringing lunch ashore during excursions. Please let me know about your experiences with coolers on the ship. I am hoping they only mean the hard sided ones that can't come aboard and that I can use the wise suggestions of the many things a soft sided cooler can be used for (the tip alone about ordering room service the night before and packing it for lunch the next day not only saves money but saves the frustration of hungry kids that are picky in places where food may be different). :cool1:

Thank you for your help. :teeth:

Stephanie :cold: soon to be :sunny:

So, I'll drink my beer for medicinal purposes. It does help to lower cholesterol.....
Newcastlebeer.gif

With an appropriate advance tip, your stateroom attendant will replenish the ice twice a day.

Sorry, this isn't about the cooler but WOO HOO on the doc's.!!! We are on the same cruise as you and still have not received anything. !! Yea for you !!!- See you on board.- Tracey

Yes, soft sided coolers are absolutely no problem. One thing however, do not bring ice onboard. Everything must be x-rayed, and this will not be allowed through the machine. We bring the rolling kind, and it is wonderful. As a previous poster noted, they will replenish your ice upon your request. You will find a paper with this info in your stateroom... :goodvibes

Hi,

I was wondering what size coolers people have used? I haven't seen one with wheels, that would be great! :banana:

t-bone- Thanks for the congrats on the Docs. Yours will probably be in your hands in the next day or so! Another cruiser got their's yesterday so I was hoping ours wasn't far behind! :cool1:

Stephanie :cold: soon to be :sunny:

We ordered ours from disneydirect.com for our cruise back in sept. It went through the x-ray machine fine with bottled water and wine in it. They did ask what was in it. My DH said water and they said as long as there was no ice in it we were fine. It wheeled onto the ship perfectly. Our stateroom hostess was awesome about keeping ice in it all week. She did put a clear trash bad in it b/c it tends to dry moisture b/c of the ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter