• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cooler on the plane??

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Has anyone ever checked a cooler on a plane as checked luggage? I'd like to pack one for my cheap self so that I can fill it up with ice every day and keep things cold that I am going to get on my Publix run. I love American grocery stores! They have so many fun things. (And alcohol, don't forget.) :drinking1 And BIIIIIG chocolate bars... oh man. My vacation is going to start on the trip from the airport! :) We're flying Spirit air from Detroit if that makes a difference.

Thanks hosers! :bounce:

Beth

but I did see one on the luggage-go-round!

The person had Duct Tape all around the Cooler to make sure the lid stayed on! Whether they had anything in it or not could not tell you!

But it has been done!

Scratch
pirate:

I wanted to know this as well as I have some bigger bulker breakable things we MUST lug down for the wedding (lol). I thought if I pack em very well then they will be protected in the cooler! Then it can do double duty and serve as beverage central!
Grover in Winnipeg

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of taking it empty and getting some of thos luggaage straps to go around it. I'll have to check the Canadian Tire Flyer this weekend. :)

Beth

Here is what we did in December.

We packed the large cooler full of snacks and non-perishables. They want to make sure you don't have ice that will melt and leak while on board so be prepared to show the contents at the counter.

We had a strap to keep the lid closed and once they saw the contents, we ducked taped it also in case the strap let go.

We then put the tape in our luggage to use for the trip back...Very simple. It makes the best spot to ship back things you don't want broken...Just surround the items with clothins and voila...:teeth:

Originally posted by tinkerbeth
I am going to get on my Publix run. I love American grocery stores! They have so many fun things. (And alcohol, don't forget.) :drinking1 And BIIIIIG chocolate bars... oh man.
Thanks hosers! :bounce:

Beth

That's so funny.........now that I've been down here for three years (shopping at the local Publix)........I sooooooooo miss Fortino's/Loblaws specifically the President's Choice products.

I was going to suggest to bring along your own roll of duct tape as well as I'm sure security will want a look - however you are going from Detroit so customs shouldn't be too much of a problem (just leave those home-made sandwiches at home ;) )

And on the way back, just fill it with those fun Publix products......butter spray, Kix cereal,.........OMG I can't think of any other unique products......:eek: :scratchin

Have a great trip!

We are flying out of Detroit too. Spirit Airlines. We leave on May 9th(Mother's Day). Hope you have a great trip if you haven't already left.:Pinkbounc

Just had to chime in on Cdn grocery stores....mostly just eat out when in Canada (mostly on business) but grocery stores are a somewhat disappointing to visit from my perspective...

...."lots of good stuff missing-in-action" including (if memory serves) whipped cream cheese, the Keebler cookie family of products, and good brands of pasta sauce (like Bertoli and Victoria).

...but it's all what you're used to, I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter