Cooler chain - crazy?

lovin_disney

Earning My Ears
This may sound like a nutty idea but we are flying down on Monday and renting a car. We are stopping at Walmart's for some things and I was going to buy one of those cheap sytrofoam coolers. However, I know they don't work that well but I don't want to invest in a plastic cooler just to throw it out at the end and I don't want to waste that money

Is anybody arriving on the following Monday (8/18) and would be interested in purchasing it. Not full price of course but at a substantial discount. Then, when you leave you could sell it and help somebody else out. Crazy?

Actually, the styrofoam ones DO work well. I think it's just that they're not as durable as the plastic ones and they don't have handles like the nice plastic ones. But, as far as how well they keep things cold...I honestly don't think there's a huge difference.

Pam

When we were there last Aug. we bought a nice cooler on sale.
We then placed my daughters castle in the cooler and some other things had bought during our stay. We put a suitcase strap on the cooler and checked it with our luggage. Worked great! I think we only paid 10.00 for the cooler.
So I got my moneys worth using it during our stay and packing it full to bring home. Just a thought.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I think your idea is quite clever. However, if you get a cheap styrofoam one, I think you'd be fine(maybe park it in the bathtub as I believe they might leak just a bit).

We used the styrofoam coolers on our last two trips and they worked just fine. For our upcoming trip, we purchased a soft-sided (collapsable) cooler in WalMart that we will bring. This way, we can use it as a tote for extra "stuff" on the trip home.

We also used a styrofoam cooler last year but had to keep it in the bathtub as it did leak a bit. It kept our drinks and milk almost as cold as a regular cooler would have. This year we are bringing a collapsible cooler which is on wheels. I'm planning on using it as my carry-on the plane instead of backpacks. It it will work well on the flight back so as not to lug all those extra souvenir packages (that never seem to fit or are to delicate to pack) through the airport - just place in and/or on top of the cooler and away we go.

They have a stroller swap going on the budget board, they might also be interested in the cooler swap.

Hey Lovin_Disney!

I think that is a great idea. I was thinking the same thing, except with the portable refrigerators (coleman).

Even if you buy one and have the next person contribute a fee, you could save enough for a character meal.

This is how I envision this working, the stroller swap could be the model for this swap also. We could call it the DISFRIDGE!!

Purchase an electric cooler, use for stay and then arrange to leave with next family. There would be bottle of disinfectanct for cleaning prior to each use and you could leave a sticker or something on it to commemorate your use.
Maybe we could have one for each resort!

I would be willing to start this on my next trip in 18 days if anyone is interested.

I think we leave alot of things behind and we could start a Dis registry to start passing on things and it won't get too complicated as these are items we don't mind throwing away if no one needs it. Just a little pay it forward magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter