Cool Gear for Children

LoveTwoTravel

Mouseketeer
What helpful things have you taken to make WDW more *comfortable* for your children? I'll try to update this first post so that it's helpful to everyone.

I'm more interested in safety/helpful items (i.e. Sunscreen) than I am entertaining ones (i.e. Gameboy).

Thanks everyone! This will be in both the TIPS and the FAMILIES areas.

• Strollers
  • Sunshades
  • Sunglasses
  • Hats
  • SUNSCREEN
  • Water
  • Fans
  • Swim Diapers or trunks
  • The top that turns bottles into sippy cups
  • Small bottles of water with sports top (I think they are 8oz and are made by Deerp*rk)
  • Disposable bibs, tableware, cups & placemats (with the sticky strips on the bottom)--lots of us make premade "sets" in each cup
  • Disposable Changing pads
  • Trash bags (for diapers in the hotel rooms)
  • Mesh bag to grab out of stroller basket when getting on rides/WDW buses
  • Child location items: safety tattoos (can purchase or make them with the correct computer paper), alarm-type device
  • Mini fans or misters
  • Towels to sit on, sleep on, or dry off with in the park
  • Stroller covers: UV, mosquito, rain
  • Cooler to keep drinks for little ones cold in the park
  • Pool safety equipment: floaties, noodles, goggles, etc.
  • Disposable bibs for park snacks
  • Plastic Zipper bags (for EVERYTHING!)
  • Outlet covers & other child safety for hotel room
  • Premeasured formula (dry and add water as needed), snacks & other food items
  • Something to tie cups & snack cups to stroller so they don't get pitched overboard
  • Paci "leash"
  • Diaper rash creme (b/c they'll sit so much more in a stroller than at home they'll probably need this!)
  • Meds and first aid items (to include nail clippers)

Disposable Bibs...most table service places will have them, but for those ice cream bars or sticky snacks in the stroller...they would come in handy.

Child ID with parents cell phone number. Kids may know your number, but if they are hurt or scared this could save valuable time in a CM being a reaching you.

Floaties...for pool play.

Great thread!

I didn't read through all the suggestions, but here's what immediately came to mind from past experience, depending on the age...

Baby / Toddler:
  • Mosquito net for over stroller for evenings (impossible to find down there and everyone and their brother will ask you where you got yours!)
  • Small trash bags for accidents
  • Pacifier attachment so it doesn't hit the nasty ground!
  • Little ice packs for diaper bag and for wrapping in a towel to cool the stroller off
  • If your baby is on formula, pack baby bottles filled with water and pre-measured ziplocks of formula that only have to be poured into the bottle and shaken up. Keeps germs out of powdered formula can and you don't have to worry about it going bad in the heat.
  • If you have to have a double stroller and want to bring your own and you're planning on riding the disney transportation I highly, highly recommend ditching the huge strollers and get a side by side fold-up. So, so, so much easier getting on and off of the buses! (And saves you many dirty looks from fellow passengers begrudging the space)
Kids:
  • Lightweight, fast drying clothes
  • Swimsuit for Downtown Disney sprinklers that no child can resist ::yes::
  • Towel and plastic bag for the cold, tired, grouchy kids that have to get on the Disney bus in the evening after being soaked :worried:
  • No new shoes that make blisters :eek:

we went to Petsmart and used the automated machine to create id tags for our girls. We included their names and our cell phone numbers. They had tags that are heart shaped.The girls love their heart necklaces.

I love to bring the disposible stick on placemats for my little guy...he is a plate thrower and this gives him a clean surface to eat off of wherever we are even mickey's bakyard bbq!

baby wipes for cleaning up kids/messes

Swim Chamois to dry off after rain or water rides. Takes little space and works well

Goldfish, animal crackers, teddy grahams...stuff to remind them of home...so much going on they need some "normal routine" type things besides the more syrupy, greasy snacks (ice cream, popcorn) can upset tiny tummies. (something I do not want to happen on vacation)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter