• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cookie ideas using leftover Halloween candy?

Any ideas for Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Twix & M&Ms? And how about Tootsie Pops?

We make cupcakes with Snickers, Milky Way, and Twix. I buy the yellow cake or chocolate cake and bake them as directed. Take them out of the oven and slice a knife to the middle and poke in the candy. Top with chocolate frosting or homemade vanilla powdered sugar icing. DH will eat the icing alone so he doesn't get to help. :goodvibes

Make chocolate chip pancakes with the M&Ms then freeze them.

Chop the candy and freeze the pieces. Use as toppings for icecream sundaes.

Any ideas for Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Twix & M&Ms? And how about Tootsie Pops?

The Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor has a recipe for Milky Way cake which is decadent:lovestruc--sorry I can't find it to post for you. It is very yummy though and the "glaze" is just milky ways melted with butter wich would be good on pretty much any cake:)

These are with Twix and are sooo worth the effort. They're delicious and make a pretty presentation too.

Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies (Southern Living)

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped pecans, divided
6 (2-ounce) packages chocolate-caramel cookie bars, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon sugar
2 (2-ounce) vanilla bark coating squares

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla, beating until blended after each addition.

Combine flour, cocoa, and soda; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Shape 1 tablespoon dough around each candy piece, covering completely, to form balls.

Combine remaining 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar. Gently press the top of each ball into pecan mixture. Place balls, pecan sides up, 2 inches apart on baking sheets.

Bake at 375° for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove from baking sheets; cool completely on wire racks.

Melt coating squares in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.

NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Twix Caramel Cookie Bars.

I made some great cookies a few years ago using bite-sized Snicker's bars. You could also cut the mini bars in half and do the same thing. Make peanut butter cookies (use any recipe you have). Roll the dough around the candy bar and bake. I've also seen it done on TV where you insert a popsicle stick into the candy before rolling the dough around it so you get a cookie on a stick.

I always use M&Ms instead of chocolate chips in cookies. Put some in the dough and save some for decorating the tops before baking.

You can also chop candy bars and use them as a filling for a 2-layer cake and sprinkle some on top. It's completely sinful but delicious!

Here is a recipe for Candy Bar Bars----

Buy a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough--Nestles
Spread in the bottom of a jelly roll pan and bake 25 mins at 350.
When finished top with 6 large hershey bars (or many small ones) and a couple globs of peanut butter and spread around together.
Top with cut up candybars of any variety you like and/or sprinkle with m&m's.
Put in freezer for 5 minutes to set, cut and enjoy.

These are very good, just a bit time consuming cutting up the candy bars, I do that first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter