Convincing the family on La Nouba!!! HELP!

DisneyJenn18

I am the official tour guide for non-disney soon t
Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to leave for DW in a few weeks, with a group of 10 adults no kids (well...10 big kids..:lmao: ), all ranging from 28-69 years old...

I am dying to see cirque du soleil, and I am having a difficult time convincing everyone that the price is worth it. I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but what have you all been saying to make those folks who are a bit leary of seeing the show because they are scared of the price tag?

Thanks!!

We have seen it 2 times now and are due for another showing. We love it.

If they don't want to go I would just go alone if I needed to ,it's that nice of a show.

Go to Cirques web-sight I think theyhave a short video of it. or try YouTube

It is FABULOUS! :lovestruc

We enjoyed it so much when we went a few years ago. It is by far the best Cirque du Soleil show out there, and we've seen everyone there is to see in Vegas. You will NOT be dissapointed. :thumbsup2

It might not be their cup of tea. I know I was dissapointed in "O" in Vegas. I knew it would be kind of weird, but I don't love circus shows to begin with. That being said, everyone assured me I would love this. 150.00/ticket later......mmmmmm, didn't love it.

We finally went to see it a couple of years ago because my SIL raved about it. We were not disappointed! The best part was that you can see great with the cheapest level of seating, because it's not that big.

I agree, too - even if it is just you or a few of you, don't miss it. I am still trying to figure out how those acrobats do all of that stuff!

DW & I really enjoyed La Nouba! It's something I'd readily go to again... Something we did was rent the DVD of the show and watched the behind the scenes stuff... that was really interesting. It was really cool seeing that the music was live, and gave some information on the performers as well.

Sorry I strayed from topic a little. But I would definately get tickets to this... its fun to share this experience but if you have to leave some or all of the family behind and go see it!

I like the idea of just breaking away from the group to go see it! I guess I never really thought of that lol

I checked the show out on you tube..LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

We have been twice and plan to go again. It is fantastic and really makes for a great "adult" thing to do while in WDW. You can get tickets a bit cheaper by going to www.ticketmania.com. They sell Catergory 2 seats only, but we have used them for both shows and the seats were perfect. There truly is not a bad seat in the house, though so even if your family wanted to go for the "cheap seats" you will still have a good view.

If you can't convince everyone, just go with who ever wants to go. If it's only you, go alone. I have a feeling that once you tell people that you are going whether they join you or not, more people will hop on board with you!

Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to leave for DW in a few weeks, with a group of 10 adults no kids (well...10 big kids..:lmao: ), all ranging from 28-69 years old...

I am dying to see cirque du soleil, and I am having a difficult time convincing everyone that the price is worth it. I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but what have you all been saying to make those folks who are a bit leary of seeing the show because they are scared of the price tag?

Thanks!!
if you can afford it do it. it's on of the best shows i've seen at WDW. no real bad seat in the house. look it up on youtube. i hope this helps

Thanks for asking this question! I'm hoping all the PP's rave reviews will convince my husband to see it!

For what it's worth, I've seen dozens of Broadway productions, and even most of the Cirque du Soleil productions, and I think La Nouba is quite simply the best show on any stage anywhere ever. Just one man's opinion.

DH (40), DS (11), and I (37) went to see it in August and we all loved it! It was really a spectacular show. It is expensive, but we felt it was worth the price. We had Tier 2 seats and we could see just fine. :)

I have not seen La Nouba, but DH and I went to Las Vegas to see LOVE, the Beatles themed Cirque show there. I was the most wonderful thing I have seen in my whole life! (DH felt the same way)
But, that said, I know that my BIL and SIL would probably not have liked it that much and would have thought it was a lot of money for the time spent.

(Also the older man who was seated right behind us had a quite young woman with him - don't-think-it-was-his-DD type of young woman - who was obviously bored by the whole thing. There were times the performers moved behind us and it was really distracting to see her being bored. Maybe she was bored because she saw it often with different 'dads', but it was distracting to us anyway.)

I'm with the people who suggest breaking with the group if you want to see La Nouba. You will have a much better time if the people with you are there because they want to see the show, rather than just being with the group.

I've never seen La Nouba mainly because my husband will not like it (or he says he wouldn't) and it's just the two of us so I wouldn't go on my own. He would go if I really, really wanted to go, though.

But to the OP. You are going with a group of nine other people. You can do what I did when I went to a conference in Montreal with three other people. I told them that I was going to the Canadians preseason game, the price was (at that time) $60 and if they wanted to join me, they could. Otherwise, I would go by myself. All three joined me (one of which had no idea what a hockey puck was). So that's what I would do with your group. And definitely go by yourself if no one else wants to go. That's the beauty of Disney World. It has something for everyone. Who knows - maybe one of your friends will join you and love it.

I've never seen La Nouba mainly because my husband will not like it (or he says he wouldn't) and it's just the two of us so I wouldn't go on my own. He would go if I really, really wanted to go, though.

But to the OP. You are going with a group of nine other people. You can do what I did when I went to a conference in Montreal with three other people. I told them that I was going to the Canadians preseason game, the price was (at that time) $60 and if they wanted to join me, they could. Otherwise, I would go by myself. All three joined me (one of which had no idea what a hockey puck was). So that's what I would do with your group. And definitely go by yourself if no one else wants to go. That's the beauty of Disney World. It has something for everyone. Who knows - maybe one of your friends will join you and love it.

I love your hockey comparison...lol, I love HOCKEY! =)
Side note, thanks for the advice everyone, I am going to do just that...say I'm going, and whoever wants to go can go...

do you think it's a good idea to buy tickets before I go, or just wing it and buy them at the door?

I love your hockey comparison...lol, I love HOCKEY! =)
Side note, thanks for the advice everyone, I am going to do just that...say I'm going, and whoever wants to go can go...

do you think it's a good idea to buy tickets before I go, or just wing it and buy them at the door?

BUy tickets before you go!! First of all, the show is "dark" through 1/26/08. Then they don't do shows on Sunday & Mondays. So you only have the 30 & 31st to go to the show. Since it is coming off of being shut down for a week, there may be very little seating left. I tried to get tickets 2 weks ago for 5 people, to the 9 pm show for 1/19 & it was sold out (unless we wanted to all sit by ourselves!) So definitely call ticketmania or Disney to see what's available. then let everyone know asap, b/c you'll have to buy them & there are no refunds! But the show is amazing. We (DH & I) took our not so enthusiastic DS17 & DS 15 a few years ago & they were in awe! They were really disappointed when we came back last year for a quick trip while in town for a college football bowl game b/c we couldn't get tickets for the few days we were down there. SO this year, I called a head (we are there 1/17-1/21) & found out about it closing for a week & then lucking into 6pm tickets for Sat. nite! They & we are psyched. Enjoy! Debbie

I truly can't imagine anyone not liking La Nouba--between the acrobatics and the humor and showmanship there is something for everyone. I've been to 3 or 4 other Cirque shows and La Nouba was my favorite.

We went in December and had Cat. 2 seats. We will go back this year, but this time I'll get the Cat. 3 seats, b/c all the seats in the theatre have a great view--but even at the cat. 2 prices I felt as if my money was well spent.

Lee

Just let them know that La Nouba is like FOTLK on steriods. If they love FOTLK, then they'll ADORE La Nouba! I especially loved the trampoline artists. Amazing.

But yes, do go solo if that's your only chance. My only advice is to eat before entering, because they only have "stadium" foods to eat (hot dogs, popcorn popcorn:: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter