• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convince me...

cmdg

Mouseketeer
Right now we are booked in a club level deluxe room at the WL next summer. We can afford it, but are going back and forth over whether it is worth it or not.

Our options are:
1. Stick with the deluxe room, the extra room will be great and allow our 3 year old to sleep while we watch tv and talk (he is the lightest sleeper ever).

2. Book two adjoining rooms at WL and hope for a discount. If there isn't one, just keep one of the rooms (two are more expensive than the deluxe room & w/o CL)

3. Book a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. I'd need to be convinced on this one bc we don't remember the pool being nearly as great as the WL pool (we have pool time each afternoon)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Hi,
I would go with the deluxe room. I have stayed before but. it was not club level. There is a lot of space and most have a great view. Have fun!!!

We had the same debate while booking for this September over a year ago. FW had appeal, but WL would feel more deluxe and give us more square footage and all the hotel amenities. We ended up going with two standard rooms, and then took advantage of the free dining when it became available.

We have our family of three (including almost 3 year old DD) and Grandma and Grandpa going on the trip, and for comparable cost decided two seperate rooms will be nice, as long as they put us clos together. I will let you know how it turns out.

Since its not a budget problem, I'd keep the deluxe room. Ft. Wilderness Cabins and FW in general is such a large resort, without a car I think it would be hard.
At WL all you have to do is get in the elevator to get to the pool, food, etc.
At FW you have to get a bus to get to the park bus.

Count me in! I currently have two AKL CL rooms booked, and we're not going with the DDP. I'm second guessing myself too.

I figured it would buffer the cost of food, until I realized I was paying $985 more for those two rooms, than I would pay for two WL woods view, or AKL pool view rooms.

Six people for six nights - one of them a very picky teenage boy... I'm now having a hard time justifying it. The $985 won't be saved, but I think it would be better spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter