• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convince me to love CSR

mayesq

Mouseketeer
We stayed at CSR back in 2003 and had a terrible experience. The new rooms look nice and they have standard rooms available for mother's day weekend when we will be there. Should I give it another shot? The values are booked and I'm not crazy about the idea of CBR. Help.

We love CSR and have stayed there twice. The resort is beautiful and for the price of a mod you get the perks of a delux. They have a spa and a gym and a great outdoor bar. It's quiet and has a lot to do.

We stayed at ASMo last week and were missing CSR badly!

Definitely give it another shot! A bad experience can happen anywhere at WDW. We loved our stay there as did my inlaws (who are very well travelled and somewhat picky). That was before the room refurb and I thought our room was spotless and very nice. CSR has had some nice changes besides the rooms that make it a very good deal for a moderate price. I wish I could spend Mother's Day there!

I love CBR too, but honestly, really want to try CSR more for our next stay at a mod. CSR has some touches that really please adults but its still very family friendly and kid pleasing. Great combo in my book.

Good luck but I say go for it!!

There are updated pics on the CSR thread. If I were you I'd read, have a look. The folks on that thread would know if you can count on an updated room, or whether the refurb is still in progress.
Having said that, I would never stay in any Disney hotel that I wasn't very excited about. Too much money. So here's hoping you either find (after reading) you're really excited about the prospect :yay::yay:, or you choose something else that does make you look forward to the magic. :flower3:

And a vacation/hotel on Mother's day--what a very nice treat!!! :cloud9:

We really don't want to pay for a deluxe on this trip. And, although we enjoyed POP in November, I though the value room was a little small and cramped for the 4 of us, especially after staying at the Nick Hotel in February. So, moderate is our choice. We are only staying 2 nights so we want to stay onsite to take advantage of evening EMH. Then, we will leave on Monday to stay at Cocoa Beach and see the shuttle launch on Tuesday. Should be a nice little mini vacation - one of the advantages of living in Florida.

I'll probably book CSR tonight. The queen sized beds make it very appealing and the new rooms look so nice. Our bad experience dealt with cleanliness issues (in 2 different rooms) so I'm hoping we can avoid that issue this time around.

Thanks everybody.

We stayed there last Aug and the room was super clean, the staff were great and we loved the Pepper Market

Now I just need to decide if the dining plan is worth it and which plan to go with. I'm debating between the regular plan or the quick service plan.....

Request Cabanas when you call -- those rooms are all done with the refurb.

For a short trip, I'd go with the QSDP. You can use the credits at Pepper Market, which is more expensive than other food courts, but has fresh, made-to-order food. You can even get a steak for dinner as a QS credit.

We've stayed at CSR three times and always had great bus service, and a good experience with the CMs and never noticed any cleanliness issues.

Hope you have a nice stay!

I agree about the QSDP. The regular DDP is great, however you spend a lot of time going to those ADR's. For a short trip, you may not want to invest the time sit down meals entail. And the Pepper Market is the best cs on property, and being on a Dining Plan makes it a great deal since its expensive.

2 weeks ago and LOVED it! And this coming from a family that has stayed (and loved) AKL, the Dolphin and POFQ. Great grounds, incredible renovated rooms (now with queen beds!), friendly staff, etc. all made for a great stay. We would stay there in a heartbeat!:thumbsup2

I thought that I would love it, but didn't. It was nice, but I don't have to stay there again. I do like the spa as it is very quiet. I had been to the spa and thought I would like to stay there so we did for our 25th anniversary in March.

I thought that I would love it, but didn't. It was nice, but I don't have to stay there again. I do like the spa as it is very quiet. I had been to the spa and thought I would like to stay there so we did for our 25th anniversary in March.

Sorry you didn't love it. Not every resort is for everyone...but glad you gave it a whirl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter