Convince me to go to DHS

So have we convinced the OP yet? I think that back in the 90s MGM was a fun park with a different identity than MK (more shows and longer rides). Now with the additions of TOT, RNR, and TSM I think it has 3 of the 5 best rides at Disney.

There is so much to see and do at DHS, that we have to spend 1 and 1/2 days to do it all. We love TSM, MuppetVision, Star Tours, The Great Movie Ride, Aeriel, Indiana Stunt Show, ToT and RnRC (DH and DD8 are huge fans), The whole Animation area (we could spend hours alone there), haven't done B&B yet; but that is on our to do list for December, and love going into all of the shops.

In all fairness, we used to only give this park a 1/2 day of our time, but this is when our kids were littler and we were only interested in MuppetVision and Playhouse Disney. Now that they are older, they love doing all of the shows and rides....it is truely a wonderful park to visit.

I could ride RnRc for a week straight. The only way they could improve that ride is if at the end it flew through the station for a 2nd trip. Wheeee! That initial vault into the ride is more thrilling than any drop on ToT for me.

DHS is also our least favorite park but usually go for 10-12 days and go for 2 mornings and leave after we eat at 50'sPT. What about using one of your half days there and eating diner at PT. DHS is definately worth half a day.:)

50s Prime time is fun but I'm sure you can find just as good at EPCOT.

Ummm, no. I'm not saying for a moment that Epcot doesn't have plently of good restuarants; of course it does. However, what the OP said was that her husband had been to Prime Time before, loved it, and wanted to go back. Epcot does not have a dining experience that is same.

OP, if your husband really wants to eat at Prime Time, figure out a way to make it work. The Studios do have plently to offer; I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

Honestly, if we had eight days at WDW (full or half) and my DH really wanted to go eat somewhere, I'd make it happen. No one would have to convince me. It is his vacation, too. Can you really not schedule half a day at a park he really wants to go to, even if it is mainly for a meal? MK is my favorite park, but I wouldn't be spending four days there and 3 at Epcot if my DH wanted to go to DHS one day.

We love the rides at DHS - ToT, RnRC, TSMM, and we enjoy the shows - Beauty and the Beast, LMA, Indy, Muppets. There is plenty for us to do there for a day, and way more than we can do in a half day.

Love DHS! Toy Story is my new favorite ride - love ToT and Beauty and the Beast show is great. 50s primetime not only has good food - it can be a show too! I agree - at least give your husband half a day at DHS.... :goodvibes

I'm sorry BUT I am probably one of the few people on these boards that doesn't like "convince me" posts. It has been my expirence that if you HAVE to convince sombody to do something 9 out of 10 times its a DISaster...get it!!! Anyway...if your DH really wants to eat at 50's then go to the park, use a MK half day. Make an ADR eat at DHS and maybe ride 1 or 2 rides,shop,walk around. But if you have to be convinced i would skip it. But i would do it for DH.......

Perhaps I missed this ... when is the OP going to be there? If it's over the holidays at all, the Osbourne Lights at DHS are absolutely, positively NOT to be missed.

DHS is not my favorite park, but I wouldn't miss it at the holidays and at least a brief visit any trip I was going to be at WDW for several days. It has it's own ambiance and atmosphere.

While it isn't my favorite part, it is home to my most favorite ride anywhere ever - ToT - and another of my WDW top 5 faves RocknRoller Coaster. Can't imagine missing DHS. Can't wait to do ToT and see the Osbourne Lights when go. Hope to catch a couple more shows at DHS this trip. We'll eat at SciFi Drive-In ... my kids absolute favorite Disney restaurant.

We might be odd men out but we love, love, love DHS! My middle son and I could go on RRC and TOT over and over again in a row!

The only ride that I don't care for and go just for the kids is Star Tours. It isn't because I really don't like it, but we moved here from SoCal and Star Tours has been around forever and just doesn't hold the appeal for me that it used to.

My boys love the animation drawing (esp. my oldest) and will do it at least 3 times a day if we let him. They also love The Great Movie Ride, Lights, Motors, Action, and request to do the backlot tour at least once a visit.

It just isn't a park I would NOT do during a 5 day visit.

Dawn

I love DHS . however, the convincing should be in that your DH really wants to go! no more convincing should be necessary!

Sorry I've been remiss in responding - I posted this the night before I left for my vacation to Montreal with my best friend.

DH has his heart set on 50s, so I think we're going to go. We aren't ToT folks, and we saw Indiana Jones and Lights Motors..., and also did a few of the rides. But, the back lot tour wasn't open when we were there last time, so we may go do that and a few other things. My thoughts are - 1/2 day then lunch, and then off to DTD to do some shopping, or an early, relaxing night.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the responses.

Oh my you HAVE to go, lol!! It's so much fun!! You have Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster and so much more!!!!

Ooh and you have to go to Animation Academy.. I think it's one of the hidden gems in Disney!!!

For the longest time, I just wasn't feeling the love for DHS. I didn't hate it but it was my least favorite park. But, for some strange reason..I really enjoyed it this past trip.

I think it was because we slowed down and really tried to notice the details..we stopped and watched some of the street performers, which we didn't do before. It's a relatively small park, so you won't exhaust yourself.

Also, I finally conquered my fear and rode RnRC for the first time...ended up riding it 4 more times before we went home.:thumbsup2 It's now one of my favorite rides. We also like TSM, and the animation academy.

Ditto PP, I think DHS is better enjoyed if you slow down and just enjoy. Try some things you don't think you'd like. I had no desire to do the American Idol Experience. DH and I did the first show of the day and ended up loving it so much we went back for the final show of the night. I also wasn't looking forward to Toy Story Mania...SO glad I didn't miss that one.

After thinking about this... I think I would prefer to convince you to NOT go to DHS. ^^

DHS is my favorite park at WDW. I could spend the day there sitting on a bench and be happy. Throw in some of the best rides and shows at WDW and it just gets better. My absolute favorite ride is Tower of Terror. I really enjoy Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Star Tours, and the Great Movie Ride. My kids love the Lights Motors Action and Indiana Jones shows as well as the Honey I Shrunk the Audience and dd5 still likes Playhouse Disney. We haven't been since Toy Story Mania has been open but I would imagine that one will rank high on the scale as well. We always spend atleast 2 full days here and more if I can squeeze it out. We always visit the Sci-Fi Dine In and 50's Prime Time Cafe as well.

Sorry, I can't convince you to go either. I would dress up as a 50's waitress and act it out if he liked it that much before going back there. We are not movie people, so it isn't really our thing. My daughter is not big enough for test track. We like to play it by ear, which is hard to do with the stunt shows timing. We watched the high school musical parade, shopped a bit and left.

There are loads of great restaurants all over Disney. I can't imagine going there just to eat, with no park hopper.
Course, that is just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter