• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convince me I did the right thing. . .

krina19

Earning My Ears
Originally, I had reservations at CSR for 4/30- 5/4 for a total of $417. While doing a little pre-trip research, I found out that there would be 3 conventions going on during our stay and that CSR was virtually sold out. I want my vacation to be peaceful and relaxing, so the thought of all those people sort-of put me in a panic. So, I just cancelled that ressie and made a new one for POR- which totaled $373 (I used a different code.) Did I do the right thing? I've never been to either CSR or POR before. Will I love POR? Thanks everyone :)

I hear the POR is very peaceful, not a lot of families, many couples and small groups. Should be certainly less crowded the CSR with all the conventions and stuff.

Although we have never stayed at either of those resorts, we have visited both and have shied away from CS for just that reason. It seemed too big and geared for conventions. Although the pool is spectacular.

We don't even want to stay at the Epot area resorts because it seems more like a party atmosphere than a place to relax when you're not at the parks. POR is a beautiful resort with that layed back feeling of the old south. I think you probably made a good choice.

Both CSR and POR are great resorts - you can't go wrong either way! POR has great food, great landscaping, comfortable rooms, the boat to Downtown Disney, a nice store and plenty of amenities such as boat rentals, bike rentals, 6 pools and so on. CSR has many of these amenities as well. The 2 resorts are really quite similar - obviously different theming. Either way - you'll have a magical stay! ;)

now you have got me thinking....once again.

I will stay at CSR in October, which is big convention season for the business people. But I was told the suit & tie people are that visible and won't ruin the fantasy of Disney.

Oh well, it will be my first time staying at a Disney property, and I won't have any other resort to compare to. I guess I will be happy no matter where I go. Isn't that so for all resorts?

But, I think you did the right choice since you have saved yourself another $40.....that would be equal to more souveniors and gifts for your family.
:bounce: :bounce:

I think I've been to just about every board there is in an effort to plan our next trip...(yes..I am obsessive/compulsive when it comes to my few opportunities to visit WDW)....I have read literally hundreds of postive reports about the POR...(hundreds)!!!

I definitely feel that you have made a great choice.........ENJOY!!!!!!

:bounce:

Originally posted by krina19
Originally, I had reservations at CSR for 4/30- 5/4 for a total of $417. While doing a little pre-trip research, I found out that there would be 3 conventions going on during our stay and that CSR was virtually sold out. I want my vacation to be peaceful and relaxing, so the thought of all those people sort-of put me in a panic. So, I just cancelled that ressie and made a new one for POR- which totaled $373 (I used a different code.) Did I do the right thing? I've never been to either CSR or POR before. Will I love POR? Thanks everyone :)

Hi krina19,

We have never stayed at either CSR or POR but we did stay at POFQ twice and have toured both CSR and POR many times. Based on themeing if we had to choose only between those two we would choose POR. It also looks like you got a good price at POR less then $100 a night including tax is a great price assuming the price you noted above is including tax. Go and enjoy. My moto is any day at Disney is better then a day doing something else.

We've stayed at both POR and CSR. We love both of them! We are staying at CSR again in June. We love the "theme" there, and the kids especially love the pool and play areas.

I think you made a good choice if the convention atmosphere is going to bother you!
We have stayed at both.....When POR was still Dixie. And enjoyed both. Personnally I prefer the theme of CSR, but still like POR.
When we were at CSR there were quite a few conventions......it was aweful. My DH hated all the "suits" walking around with cel phones and briefcases. That is him!! He travels alot for his job.....and it was just too much like being on a business trip for him. It really was distraction for him.

We loved POR.....very relaxing and peaceful. Pools were great, we also rented bikes and the boats.
I think you made the right choice!!:D

The one good thing about a lot of conventioneers at your resort is that they aren't using the pool or crowding the facilities that a vacationer would be using, they are off in their meeting rooms. A lot of their meals are catered and such so they aren't using the restaurants. Even though the resort may be full, you would never notice it. There were conventions going on at CSR when we were there, aside from seeing people heading down the hallway towards the convention areas in the morning, you would never have noticed. Also, for the most part I don't think suits & ties are the uniform of the day for most WDW conventioneers..lots of khaki pants and golf shirts and "Hello, my name is"....tags...

LOL, I'd rather be in a hotel chock full of conventioneers than other vacationers crowding the pools and common areas....

It is true what Bob NC said about conventioneers being in meetings alot.......
But I disagree with ."......you will never notice them."
We saw them every time we went up to the food court. shops or main lobby. They filled the outside patio area and were grouped together at the pool. When we were there, they DID crowd the common areas and pools.:(
NO, they weren't all in "suits", but they certainly had their cel phones, briefcases and clip-boards......with their name tags. Actually most of the groups we saw had official company name badges. And there we quite a few different companies coming and going during the week we were there. The "welcome" sign was changed quite a few times.
Maybe it was the time we went......It was last weekend of April, first week of May........Which I see is the same time you are going!!!:rolleyes:
So I still say.......GOOD MOVE to POR :D

lol..We were at CSR last year the last weekend of April-first week of May....

lol......maybe we just had a bit of bad luck......
our schedules matched up with their break and "free time" schedules!!!
The lounge was also packed with conventioneers in the evening:rolleyes:
DH and I wanted to go for a quick beer and quickly turned away when we saw how crowded it was with all those suits wearing name badges :eek:
I just know it was enough to make my DH never want to go back to CSR if there was a chance of a convention.

HauntedMansionFan, I'm not sure who told you there weren't many families at POR . . . but they must have been pulling your leg. It's the only moderate resort that allows five people in a room which means it is the only option for many families who can't afford a deluxe.

Thank you so much for all of your replies. You've really put my mind at ease! thanks again:)

Sounds to me like you did the right thing. PO sounds much more peaceful to me too!

I agree...if you don't want to be around all the conventioner then you did the right things. Also even though the conventioners won't be using the pool and other amenities, many times there families are since they come along also.

And for those who are going in Nov. this year, there is going to be a conference of College student leaders from Nov. 22 - 25 and I can tell you, it will be big, noisy and they will skip some sessions to play by the pool. But if you are there...hopefully I will see ya there since my students will be attending. The down side is since we are located in Orlando/Kissimme, we don't get to stay on property. darn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter