• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

converting single park tickets to multi-park tickets

mhalpern

Mouseketeer
We are Universal newbies and we only have 1 1/2 days to do both parks. Our main interest is, of course, Harry Potter but we'd like to see what we can. If I buy tickets without park hopping it is $20 less per person (so that would save us $80). But having never been to Universal before I'm not sure how our days will play out. So my questions are:

1. If I buy a two day ticket without park hopping online now can I upgrade it at the park if we have time to switch parks one day?

2. Is it the same price to upgrade (an extra $20 per ticket) if we do it on-site or is it cheaper to do in advance?

3. Is it a nuisance to upgrade?

We are going to be there the middle of April (during spring break) so I know it is going to be really crowded.

Thanks.

you have a question that many newbies usually have.

homies are always glad to help out with the answers.......

you can upgrade any type of ticket at universal.
you have to do the upgrade before you leave that day.

go to guest services and the transaction will be done there.

some times newbies go for one day only to the park.
at the end of their day there, they mention they wished they would have purchase a different type of ticket so they could return ....

the ticket that got you into the park will be the one you upgrade before you leave.
you will get the full value of that ticket when you upgrade.

i overlooked one of your questions, sorry...

it is very easy to do the upgrade.
not a nuisance at all.

you can change your tickets to hoppers by going to guest services.
pay the difference and you'll be on your own without much time lost.

there is NO additional charge to do the upgrade in the park.

there are some peeps that have a multi day pass and on the last day of it, upgrade that ticket to an annual pass.

again, you get the full credit of what you upgrading from.

Thanks! Okay so it makes sense to save the $80 right now and wait until we get to the park to see if we need to do more than one park a day.

Just to be crystal clear - if we buy a two day single park ticket and only use one park on the first day we can still upgrade to a multi-park ticket on the second day - correct? I have a feeling that if we do US on the second day my kids will want to pop back over to IOA for one last peak at Hogsmead - ya know? :thumbsup2

Thanks! Okay so it makes sense to save the $80 right now and wait until we get to the park to see if we need to do more than one park a day.

Just to be crystal clear - if we buy a two day single park ticket and only use one park on the first day we can still upgrade to a multi-park ticket on the second day - correct? I have a feeling that if we do US on the second day my kids will want to pop back over to IOA for one last peak at Hogsmead - ya know? :thumbsup2

Yes, you can upgrade as long as the ticket has not expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter