Converting a 6 day park pass to the 7 for the price of 5 ticket

JustineMarie

<font color=red>I am honored to be the first leade
Hello All! I did a search for the answer to this and couldn't find it. I currently have 3 6-day park passes for our foster kids for a trip to disney in Dec/Jan. I am wondering if once we get on property if I will be able to "upgrade" their passes to the 7 for 5 deal. I was going to wait and purchase their passes once we got there but I wanted to make sure I could make fastpass plus ressies beforehand.

Thank you!

Hello All! I did a search for the answer to this and couldn't find it. I currently have 3 6-day park passes for our foster kids for a trip to disney in Dec/Jan. I am wondering if once we get on property if I will be able to "upgrade" their passes to the 7 for 5 deal. I was going to wait and purchase their passes once we got there but I wanted to make sure I could make fastpass plus ressies beforehand.

Thank you!
Hmm...I think it' going to depend on what kind of 6-day tickets you have and which of the 7-day tickets you intend to purchase.

For instance, the gate value of a 6-day MYW base ticket minted after 2/12/2017 would be $415.35 (adult, tax incl). The price of the 7-day-for-the-price-of-5 base ticket is $394.05 (adult, tax incl.) You cannot "downgrade" price-wise. You have to use the value of the old ticket to purchase a ticket that costs the same or more.

Now, if those 6-day tickets are comp tickets of some kind, they cannot be upgraded at all.

I never thought about that. Now, I am wondering too if I could use a 5 day ticket I have that I bought through Orbitz deal to upgrade to the 7 day for the price of 5?

I know they won't refund me money but I am more concerned about getting the extra day. The tickets I have currently are regular 6 day non park hopper tickets that were purchased on the Disney World site. So if I could get the 7 for the cost of 5 with park hoppers, it would be worth it for me.

I know they won't refund me money but I am more concerned about getting the extra day. The tickets I have currently are regular 6 day non park hopper tickets that were purchased on the Disney World site. So if I could get the 7 for the cost of 5 with park hoppers, it would be worth it for me.
It wouldn't matter that they won't refund the money. They you can only "upgrade" for more money, you cannot exchange one ticket for another of lesser price even if that ticket has more days or entitlements.

However, the current gate price of a 6-day base ticket (adult) is $415.35 with tax. The cost of the 7-for-the-price-of-5 hopper is $473.93 with tax, so you should be fine.

Do you need the hopper? Otherwise just upgrading the 6 day to a 7 day non-hopper is less than getting the DVC special which is a hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter