• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convertible Cars

I had two convertibles, a 1995 white Toyota Celia and a 2002 blue Saab 9-3. I had always said "Once you go topless, you don't go back." but we are now down to one car and it is not a convertible :(.

I've never been in a convertible but I don't think I'd like it. I hate driving with the windows down and always hated riding in my friends car with the sunroof open. On a recent car rental they didn't have the car I wanted and offered me a smaller one or a convertible. I went with the smaller one 😜

I hate riding with the windows down but love riding in convertibles. It must be the change in the direction of the wind :). I have a Jeep, which is the most fun I've had driving anything with 4 wheels, and with the top off it's just a whole other level of fun.

Like the OP, when I was young I thought they were super cool and definitely wanted one.

My brother-in-law had a sports car, 2-seater convertible for a few years and a friend has a Jeep Wrangler and I decided that I don't love convertibles in the summer or winter. I am more like @AgentMama: The blowing hair, the road noise, the sun beating down. I've decided they're not my thing. The "glamor aspect" of a convertible is definitely not what I expected.

My car has a sunroof and I hardly ever even open that.

I always wanted one when I was young. I did want a 4 door kind of like the old fashioned Mustangs or TBirds though. When I finally got old enough to afford one, they no longer made the bigger ones and I needed a trunk. I ended up with a Chrysler Sebring, red. I loved that car. I was the principle person for transport for my Mama and after a while she got where she couldn't get in and out of it very well since it was lower to the ground. I had to trade it in for a Chevy HHR, red of course, which I also loved. I actually cried when I saw them driving my convertible away. I had planned on getting another one after Mama died, but now I'm older and getting in and out of a low car isn't easy for me either so it was a Nissan Rouge with a pretty big sun roof for me. Red of course.

My Dad had a used red Ford convertible. It was a real p.o.s. My sister and I used to have to sit under an umbrella in the back seat when it rained because the roof had tears in it. When you lifted up the floor mats in the back you could see the street going by through the rust. I don't recall ever taking a drive with the top down because it would get stuck in the halfway position. My sister and I tell stories about riding in that car like combat veterans sharing war stories.

My baby. Nothing like motoring around country roads on a fine day with the radio blasting. That said, it lives under a tarp in the driveway for the winter. So it's a big indulgence,

Nzdd3Adl.jpg

Z7raB2Pl.jpg

Always thought about getting one but here in the deep South (georgia) not practical. Only cool enough for about a week during the year to drive. 😉

Anywhere in Georgia is almost deep south:duck:we live in SW FL.

DW's first car was a convertible back in the late 60's given her by daddy. Right now I am "baby sitting a 2010 Miata" and drove today with top down and A/C blasting, awesome fun. A $mall problem is it requires High Test $$$$. Will buy the Miata or another convertible car for DW if she wants but only if equipped with roll bars, fixed or pop-up.

Proud owners of a 2015 Miata power hardtop convertible and live in Central Florida. I admit this time of year is mostly top up, but evenings can be great top down weather. I have a friend up north in Massachusetts who has to put his away for 5 or 6 months of the year due to winter and I'm always sending him photos of us out and about mid winter.

Never rode in one and never really wanted to. I'm not even a fan of sun or moon roofs and definitely not a fan of riding around with open windows. Love my AC with my radio blasting! :car:

***sorry just realized the car emoji is a convertible!! :teeth:

Never had a convertible or a car with a sunroof/moon roof. Always been afraid of sun exposure and skin cancer. Made it to age 62 before having to have my first skin cancer removed off my face even though I stayed out of the sun.

Yes, and Yes.
Future wife: 1974 Beetle Convertible Manual (sold after 3 yrs)
Me (and then wife): 1966 Mustang Convertible 6 cyl. (sold after 14 years placing 87K miles on it)
Wife's: 2005 New Beetle Convertible Manual (Traded in at 5 yrs/58K miles for next)
Wife's: 2009 VW Eos Lux (Traded in at 11 years/113K miles for next).
Wife's as of now: 2014 VW Eos Executive (bought with 46K miles on it).

PS - DW lets me drive them from time to time as long as I maintain them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter