Conversion to an Annual Pass - Question

Ted in Halifax

Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!
Okay ... we are planning 2 days at AKL, then a 5 night cruise, then 4 nights at BWV. So I figure a 6 night Hopper pass would work for us for this trip; however, I would like to convert to an Annual Pass on our first day off the cruise (the first Night of BWV ... which would be the 3rd Day of the Pass). Why? I'm trying to overlap our AP with next years March break 2013.

So, here's my question. If I use the 6 day hopper for 2 days previously, what will be the value they assign to the Pass when converted to an AP on the 3rd Day?

Any other ideas ....

You get credit for the full price of the 6 day hopper, regardless if you convert it on day 1 or day 6. Your AP date will be the first day of the hopper.

I guess that is Good News and Bad News combined, but Thanks! Looks like I will need a plan B.

Enjoy the resorts, instead of the parks your first 2 days.

AKL has some lovely programs, esp the Storytellers evening thing...spend the day at the pool.. head over to Fort Wilderness, and explore there, pony rides, campfire movies...go to DTD and see a movie, shop, take a "sunset cruise" to POR or OKW (yummo Key Lime Pie at Olivia's!!)...go to La Nouba... do some shopping at the outlets for cruisewear - a cab ride from DTD isn't too much to the Outlets...

Rest, relax and "see another side" of WDW :)

Those APs will burn a hole in your pocket Summer 2012, Christmas 2012, and a quickie Feb trip 2013 before they expire;)

Just sayin'....from experience:teeth::teeth:

:)

Burn a hole in your pocket ,,, been there before

March 2010 Pop Century AP
May 2010 All Star Music AP
Nov 2010 POP Century AP
Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP

Think I logged over 40 Days in Disney on that one ....

I already know that March break 2013 starts on Saturday the 9th for Nova Scotia, so if I wait until the 18th of March 2012, then that covers 2013 break. However, I'm still not sold on an AP again, just because I know it will force me into another trip between the 2 Marches $$$

One big issue here is ... will we fall in love with cruising?

My wife says I obsess about planning too far in the future ....
I say ... when does the flight schedule for 2013 come out? :rotfl2:

Burn a hole in your pocket ,,, been there before

March 2010 Pop Century AP
May 2010 All Star Music AP
Nov 2010 POP Century AP
Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP

Think I logged over 40 Days in Disney on that one ....

I already know that March break 2013 starts on Saturday the 9th for Nova Scotia, so if I wait until the 18th of March 2012, then that covers 2013 break. However, I'm still not sold on an AP again, just because I know it will force me into another trip between the 2 Marches $$$

One big issue here is ... will we fall in love with cruising?

My wife says I obsess about planning too far in the future ....
I say ... when does the flight schedule for 2013 come out? :rotfl2:

LOLing!

..."force" you into another trip!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And I'm going to guess, yep, you'll fall in love with cruising:thumbsup2

Disney has all of us right where they want us...:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

January 1/2013 will be out end of February 2012... I can't remember, is it 35 days, or 65...??

LOL!!!!

:)

We were in the same "boat" Ted :rotfl2: so we decided to go next week so that our passes would run from aug to aug instead. Problem solved! Easier to shift the summer vacation by a week. And with this summer, I'm really looking forward to the heat!!! We're christening it " The August 2011 Sweat Your **** Off Tour":goodvibes

Sorry mods!

bluenosemickey:

Let me know how you find the august heat! With the weather we've had this summer, we could use some heat .... see you in March 2012.

Ted

Hello, few related questions please :)

We are considering the DISapalloza at Universal to see the HP area (early December - 8th I think). We would add to that a package at WDW so that we can take advantage of free dining. I would like to use the tickets we get with the package and then upgrade to APs as we plan to taking my sis and fam to SSR in Oct 2012 (we are DVC members there).

So, questions:

#1 - does it seem to make sense to upgrade the package tickets to an AP given we have the upcoming trip?

#2 - (might be contentious...) DS will be 9 during our 2011 trip but will be 10 once we go in 2012. Can I get him a kids AP?

Thanks.:thumbsup2

1) Depends on the length of stay in your first trip and your second. More details necessary

2) Since your son is 9 when he gets his AP it will be a kids one. Its the age when he first gets it.

Sorry - still sorting through details:

Staying at WDW likely Dec 11th through 16th.
Following stay in 2012 would likely be about 1 week.
Couple other considerations - am considering package due to free dining, but could also stay DVC and could buy tickets with Airmiles and then use them to upgrade to AP. As DVC member we get approx. $100 discount on annual cost of AP.

Not sure if that confused the issue or not!

So 6 days for stay number 1. That would still mean that you would have to top that off significantly for get to an AP. If free dining is likely in 2012 when you are there, I would suggest holding off. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter