Conversation with boss that just got back

HOGFAN

DIS Veteran
now know that she has been there before

me: how do you like the redone ride in Mexico?
she: there is a ride in Mexico?
me: okay, so surely you rode the ride in Norway?
she: theres a ride in Norway?
me: okay, how do you like the redone Spaceship Earth?
she: huh?
me: you know, the big golf ball in Epcot?
she: there is a ride in there?
:headache:

It is unbelieveable how many times I have had that same conversion with people who have visited WDW. They come back and tell me they don't understand what all the hype is about. :confused3 I think they go looking for the typical theme park and when they can't actually see the rides they don't think they are there. A friend of ours went and did not walk into any of the pavilions in EPCOT :scared1: They were very surprised when I told them there were rides in there. It just amazes me.

Do you wonder what makes these people decide to go to Disney since it seems that they know nothing about it! All I can say is that I would be happy to be at Disbey with all these people-imagine the short lines for the rides they don't know exist!

I had an adult student miss class to go to Disney. When she got back she told me that she just loved the Swiss Family Tree House. I think it was her only attraction in 3 days!:scared1:

Yup, I can reaaaallly relate. Here's a conversation I had with a co-worker who did a one dayer to EPCOT:

Me: Well, how was the vacation? Did the tips we talked about help at all?
(She asked for aforementioned tips, I didn't offer.)
She: Oh, we had a great time. But I got so tired, so we rode the train around the parks.
Me: The train? I thought you were going to EPCOT?
She: We did! You know, the train that goes between all the parks.
Me: Ah, Anna, do you mean the monorail?
She: I don't think that was the name of it.
Me: Okay. Well, the only "train" I know of only goes between Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. Maybe it was that train, huh?
She: Oh, no! Fred (Fred would be her husband with no brain. Seriously, she has to call him to wake him for work and then tell him what clothes to put on and what to eat.) told me that the train continues on to Universal Studios, but we didn't have time to ride it that far!
Me: Well, glad you had a good time. Nice talking with you.
(Sound of my door closing and wall connecting with banging head)
Sheeesh!

Oh that's so funny!! I was discussing potential plans of a future trip (for my DBF and I) with a mutual friend of ours, who has been to Disney many times.
He was astounded that we had been considering to stay there for week or more.
"It's not that great. There's not a whole lot you can do there" he says... I just had to :confused3 and :rotfl2: and :rolleyes1
I've been there before, but DBF hasn't... and after looking up even a little online :surfweb: , and looking at a Magic Kingdom map, he said "We'd have to at least spend two days in that one spot if we wanted to get everything we wanted to do done." :thumbsup2
After listing several rides in the parks and things, he looked dumbfounded. He'd taken so many trips but didn't even know about what would be the most obvious things to me. Makes me wonder what he even did there.

Yeah, too many people are just clueless. At Christmas, I mentioned to my in-laws that my husband and I were going to WDW without our kids in January, my father-in-law said, "eh, been there, done that." Um yeah. He took my husband and his brothers in about 1976. It's changed just a little bit since then! We don't tell them about our vacation plans in advance any more.

I don't even bother getting upset anymore either.....Leave Disney for the Disney Addicts:goodvibes

I have a friend who was thinking about booking a trip and she was telling me all about it and how her 13yo son was excited about it. I know her son well so I said, really??? he is excited? ANd she says oh yes, he can't wait to go on all the thrill rides!
I said um..there are a few but I would hate for him to be dissapointed..
She said no no no..WDW has TONS of fast rides like Spiderman and Jaws, it's all at MGM (DHS)

I just said ohhh ok...have fun then!

Yeah, too many people are just clueless. At Christmas, I mentioned to my in-laws that my husband and I were going to WDW without our kids in January, my father-in-law said, "eh, been there, done that." Um yeah. He took my husband and his brothers in about 1976. It's changed just a little bit since then! We don't tell them about our vacation plans in advance any more.

I had to really talk my husband into going a few years ago. He was convinced that since he'd been there twice already as a kid (pre-EPCOT) that he would be bored. He grumbled and grumbled about going, but after our trip was over he admitted that he was wrong and he had a good time. I wish I had a video recording of that moment because you can bet I would be playing and re-playing that apology until the tape wore out!:lmao:

My husband went to Epcot on a high school trip in 1984. He hated it ... said there was nothing to do ... that it wasn't worth going back to ... ever... period. We didn't go to Epcot on our family trips in 2002 or 2003. However, in 2004, I had the opportunity to do one day in a WDW park during a business trip to Orlando. You betcha ... I picked Epcot since all my "research" on what what in Epcot wasn't good enough for hubby. Needless to say, I INSISTED we take the girls to Epcot parts of several days on our 2005 trip. Soarin' ended up being one of our favorite rides. Our favorite "night" at the parks ended up being at Epcot. We enjoyed some good food there as well. And, I got to periodically needle good-natured hubby about being wrong. He now knows never to argue w/ a Disney fanatic and is content just to let me plan!

I had a friend that went on his first trip last week. He called me while waiting in line in AK for the Safari.

Him- We are in line for the Safari ride, what is it?
Me - You drive around the savannah and see animals
him - Are they in cages ?
me - no they are wandering around, look for the lion over on the big rock
him - sounding very nervous, "but the truck has open sides"

I should have said as long as the lion had just been fed you should be safe but watch out for the hippos. :rotfl:

Mother-in-law does not understand how we can spend a week at Disney. When I once suggested to her that she could accompany us and use her military widow status to stay at SOG, she said there is not enough to do in a week, she would be bored. She said - I was at SOG once, we went to the town of Celebration - what a nice place. When I asked if she went to Disney at all from SOG she said - I have already been there. (1977 taking my DH as a child!) To think of the great rates at SOG and she went shopping in Celebration and thought that was better than any of the four parks????

me: how do you like the redone ride in Mexico?
she: there is a ride in Mexico?
me: okay, so surely you rode the ride in Norway?
she: theres a ride in Norway?
me: okay, how do you like the redone Spaceship Earth?
she: huh?
me: you know, the big golf ball in Epcot?
she: there is a ride in there?

I think that this is even more common in Epcot than the other Disney parks because of the design of the buildings. The huge World's Fair-type pavilions contain so many wonderful things that aren't immediately apparent from their exteriors.

Of course, this is one of the things I love so much about Epcot.

we had a grand gathering last september with my dh's family...my one sister inlaw, her husband and 4 kids wandered around MK aimlessly for 2 days. I kept asking "did you ride dumbo? winnie the pooh? peter pan? pirates?" they saw the castle show and met some characters and not much else. i felt bad for the 4 young kids who really missed out! how do you miss dumbo?!

they also said there was "nothing to do" at animal kingdom! in the mean time, my DH and I, childless, spent HOURS on all the different trails, seeing every last inch of the place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter