convention tickets?

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
I will be at the Anaheim Convention Center for a conference. Should I be asking someone for convention tickets to Disneyland? I thought I read references to that kind of ticket here, but I didn't know if that was just for conventions at the Disney hotels.

I will be at the Anaheim Convention Center for a conference. Should I be asking someone for convention tickets to Disneyland? I thought I read references to that kind of ticket here, but I didn't know if that was just for conventions at the Disney hotels.

You need to purchase them in advance through your convention. There is usually a link that they send out. They won't be for sale at the convention center.

Thanks! I'll check with the convention organizers. I knew the people here would know the answer faster than contacting the organization :)

We are going to be down for the CDA convention and DH is seriously considering registering so he can check out some of the exhibits. I was searching around and this is the link offered by the CDA - http://microsite.anaheimoc.org/cda-presents-art-and-science-dentistry

The ticket prices are a little bit cheaper but I'm a little scared that only going to one or two events won't qualify us for the cheaper rates. Not sure if it's really worth the worry.

I think there's no need to worry if you're definitely going to the conference. We did CDA last year as DH is an orthodontist. As long as you're registered for the conference, you'll have proof of eligibility to use the discounts tickets if asked. They never asked us so we didn't even need to show DH's convention badge.

This is the ticket disclaimer on convention tickets. As long as your husband registers with the convention, preferable before you buy the tickets, it should be fine.

These specially priced tickets are intended only for guests that are participating in this Event. Only the registered attendee is allowed to purchase tickets from this discounted ticket store link and they can purchase up to 8 tickets maximum. Disneyland® Resort reserves the right to contact the ticket purchaser to request event registration confirmation. If it is discovered that the purchaser of the ticket is not participating or attending this event it will be considered a misuse of this offer and ticket, and the ticket(s) will be blocked and will not be eligible for a refund. In addition these tickets cannot be purchased for the purpose of being resold.

I think there's no need to worry if you're definitely going to the conference. We did CDA last year as DH is an orthodontist. As long as you're registered for the conference, you'll have proof of eligibility to use the discounts tickets if asked. They never asked us so we didn't even need to show DH's convention badge.

Hence your DIS name ? :goodvibes

My husband is a lab guy, makes the retainers, mouth guards and other appliances and was interested in seeing if they had any talks about 3D/icat scanners and stuff. I originally mentioned it jokingly about there being a dental convention down at the same time we are there and we have a pool day scheduled so he has the time.

Your husband would have to purchase a pass to get entry to the convention that day. As long as you had that as proof, I would see no reason you couldn't take advantage.

Hence your DIS name ? :goodvibes

My husband is a lab guy, makes the retainers, mouth guards and other appliances and was interested in seeing if they had any talks about 3D/icat scanners and stuff. I originally mentioned it jokingly about there being a dental convention down at the same time we are there and we have a pool day scheduled so he has the time.

LOL, actually smiles33 has been my username for 15+ years, even before I met DH. I smile a lot and when I played basketball in high school, 33 was my jersey number.

Anyhow, yes, you should totally encourage your DH to register as the convention tickets are usually a decent discount. It would be even better if your DH can get his lab to pay for his reg fee so then you're not even paying for that to get the discount.

Have a great time!

My dad will be at a week long convention next week and bought discounted convention tickets through a site set up with the convention organizers. He got stickers that have to be exchanged at the convention, not disneyland, which is no problem but I thought interesting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter