• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contract not showing up when trying to book

Disney's Fan

Mouseketeer
I have multiple contracts (under one member number), and I am trying to book at my 7 month window. I can see on the main page the number of points I have for this use year, and I can see the points I have remaining when I go to "manage points." However, when I go to book the room I want, one contract doesn't show up, and it's one of the contracts that has the points I need. Have any one you had this experience, and if so, is there a way to fix it without calling MS? Thank you for your help. (For what its worth, I was cancelling/modifying other reservations before I tried to book this reservation.)

Are you trying to book RIV and have restricted points, meaning a contract bought resale since 2019.

Are all your MFs paid or up to date with the monthly payments?

Those are two times things don’t show up

Are you trying to book RIV and have restricted points, meaning a contract bought resale since 2019.

No restricted points and all paid up. Thanks for responding!

I was wrong…the contract that wasn’t showing up IS one that we bought resale, so you are exactly correct as to why it wasn’t showing up! I was thinking the restriction was only if I bought Riviera resale, not that resale points couldn’t be used for Riviera. Do you know if resale contracts for the legacy resorts purchased prior to the restrictions being put in place can be used to book Riviera? Thanks, again, for your advice.

Do you know if resale contracts for the legacy resorts purchased prior to the restrictions being put in place can be used to book Riviera?
Yes, they can if the resale points were purchased prior to the opening of Riviera (December, 2019).

I was wrong…the contract that wasn’t showing up IS one that we bought resale, so you are exactly correct as to why it wasn’t showing up! I was thinking the restriction was only if I bought Riviera resale, not that resale points couldn’t be used for Riviera. Do you know if resale contracts for the legacy resorts purchased prior to the restrictions being put in place can be used to book Riviera? Thanks, again, for your advice.

Resale at RIV is restricted to just RIV and all other resale owners who buy now can’t use them there, and at future resorts.

So, those points won’t be golf at any future resorts either if they come with restrictions

Yes, they can if the resale points were purchased prior to the opening of Riviera (December, 2019).
I closed on my last resale in March 2019 & am pretty sure I can’t use those points to book at Riviera because I thought the restrictions applied to resale purchases starting January 2019 https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/fin...vc-amends-waiver-again-removes-riviera-access. NBD to me since most of my points are not restricted should I ever want to try out the Riv.

I'm having the same issue as OP; however, I am trying to use my AK resale contract to book at Poly (no Riveria anywhere in my attempt).

Dashboard and everywhere else shows I have points, but when I go to select contract for the booking, the AK resale contract shows zero points (strangely, it actually shows two AK contracts with zero points) and my only option with a point balance is my GF direct contract, which I do not want to use for this reservation. The reservation is less than 7 months away. 🤷‍♂️

I'll call MS at 9:00, but just wanted to mention what I'm seeing, too.

I'm having the same issue as OP; however, I am trying to use my AK resale contract to book at Poly (no Riveria anywhere in my attempt).

Dashboard and everywhere else shows I have points, but when I go to select contract for the booking, the AK resale contract shows zero points (strangely, it actually shows two AK contracts with zero points) and my only option with a point balance is my GF direct contract, which I do not want to use for this reservation. The reservation is less than 7 months away. 🤷‍♂️

I'll call MS at 9:00, but just wanted to mention what I'm seeing, too.
How does the reservation line up with your use year? It could be that you have points in the wrong year for the trip. The fact that the contract shows up means you've got a different problem than what's being discussed here.

Ah, I think those zeroed out AK contracts when booking may be leftover from when I transferred points from my AK contract to my GF contract earlier this year.

This is my first time booking online with multiple contracts, so I'm sure everyone else with multiple contracts already knows this...

The issue was I couldn't choose which contract to use from the search form. Member Services told me to search this way instead: find "Plan Vacation" in the navigation bar and choose "Book a Vacation" under Planning Tools. The search form presented by following that link has a dropdown for choosing which Membership to search/book with.

Thank you, all, for the information! I’m glad to be aware of all the fine print details.

I hit the same roadblock when trying to book the RIV at he 7 month window; forgetting that I was trying to use one of my resale contracts. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Ah, I think those zeroed out AK contracts when booking may be leftover from when I transferred points from my AK contract to my GF contract earlier this year.

This is my first time booking online with multiple contracts, so I'm sure everyone else with multiple contracts already knows this...

The issue was I couldn't choose which contract to use from the search form. Member Services told me to search this way instead: find "Plan Vacation" in the navigation bar and choose "Book a Vacation" under Planning Tools. The search form presented by following that link has a dropdown for choosing which Membership to search/book with.
I was not a fan of them adding the booking option to the homepage for this very reason! It just adds confusion for new(er) members. It will only search using my/your very first contract’s membership… so this actually only affects people with multiple *memberships* (something DVC strongly discourages)… whereas it will work seamlessly for someone with multiple contracts all within the same membership. 😉

Glad you got it figured out!! 🤓

It sounds like you have two memberships which is why you didn't get the option to toggle. I never use anything but the Plan Vacation option as it allows me to go between the memberships easily....

Glad you were able to figure it out...and, to add, those empty contracts you saw on your VGF membership were from the transferred points. When you transfer points or buy OTU points, DVC creates a temporary contract on your account to hold the points and they will remain there until the end of the UY of when the points went into your account!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter