Contract accepted!

LMN

DIS Veteran
So excited! We are about to become DVC members! We have wanted to buy in for years and are thrilled to be able to make it happen at this point in our lives! Our contract was just accepted for 200 pts at Villas at Grand Floridian. We are purchasing thru resale and are saving about 9K off the price of purchasing direct from Disney! Just sent our escrow check and contract in today so now we wait for it to pass ROFR! Has anyone had the experience of Disney NOT taking their full 30 days to respond? Or do they pretty much take the full 30 days most of the time? Would love to hear your experience!

Can't wait to hear "Welcome Home" for the first time! :cool1::cheer2:

In our case Disney took the entire time to make their decision .I think it was either 29 or 30day from submission. Then we got the closing documents fairly quickly and returned those with full payment. It will be about three to four weeks after that to get your points recorded. Not easy to be patient for sure. I bought 7 previous contracts direct so this was my first resale. Saved alot of money and had the time to wait or thought i did as this has taken about two week longer than i expected as i started the process on 8/4 and still waiting for my points after closing today. My seller didn't return his documents for almost two weeks and my closing date of 9/30 never happened. Today it did but still have to get deed filed and notification to disney of filing estimated to take anywhere from 2-4 weeks . If you are brand new it will take longer than an exisiting member who will keep same member number,. Once deed is recorded I have seen many different wait times from point allotment.

Our first contract only took 22 days , which made me sweat when our second a year later took the complete 30.
Fingers crossed for you !

Earlier this year, a lot passed in the 22-25 day range, but some go beyond 30 days. Technically, while you have to give Disney a minimum of 30 days, but they're limited by your scheduled closing date. 32-35 days is uncommon, but not rare.

Thanks for sharing your ROFR experiences! Keep 'em coming!

supersnoop said:
Earlier this year, a lot passed in the 22-25 day range, but some go beyond 30 days. Technically, while you have to give Disney a minimum of 30 days, but they're limited by your scheduled closing date. 32-35 days is uncommon, but not rare.

Have been a DVC member since 1991.(preopening)...I want to add my daughter to my deed as she will inherit my Dis points at OKW and HH.
Was surprised I have to wait 30 days and get a ROFR waiver.
Also have to find a lawyer licensed in Fl and SC.
Thought it would be easy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter