• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Continental Airlines or American airline

londondude

love the florida feeling
off to orlando in oct but cant decide who to fly with, we normally use virgin but the price is way too high. so this year for the 1st time we have decided to try a non direct flight, two of the airlines we have looked at are:
Continental Airlines & American airline just wondered has anyone any advice on help us decide pls, ie. do they both have a back seat tv's ? which airport hub would be easy to fly into, how much connection time should we allow etc etc.

thanks

:confused3 Jay :confused3

For me it would be totally down to price and best flight times, all the American carriers are similar, you could get a great plane and great staff you coule get an old plane and poor staff, you won't know until you board.

... you could get a great plane and great staff you coule get an old plane and poor staff, you won't know until you board.

:thumbsup2 I couldn't agree more - in our experience this can apply to any airline we've ever used, charter or schedule, UK or elsewhere.

we have used Continental for flights to new york and they were fantastic, on time, great service

All Continental Airlines flights from London have seat-back TV.

American flights to Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and New York have seat-back TV, but flights to Boston and Raleigh do not.

American has more generous legroom in coach class. Continental's legroom is some of the least generous. Also, certain Continental flights from London are on narrow-body, one-aisle planes, while all American flights are one wide-body, two-aisle planes (this might be an issue for some travelers; I don't think it makes a difference).

If you are flying in the winter time, American offers the obvious advantage of being able to connect you via Miami, so you don't have to worry about winter snow storms disrupting your travel.

thanks for all your advice....in the end we have booked with continental, with a stopover in newark for the night 1500.00p

Last year we flew to both Boston and Orlando with continental, changing at Newark both times. The experience was great and I found I preferred a flight with a stop in the middle. Newark was easy to navigate and we didnt experience any probs, also being American the Continental staff were great.

Just seen this thread and I'm glad you've booked Continental! I usually fly this carrier and the kids love the TV's on the back of the seats. they have loads of movies and games and of course, the kids watch Disney movies on the way over! don't forget to register for their miles scheme, I've already had free flights :-)

We've changed at Newark and Texas and have found Newark to be easy - even if it's HUGE!

Enjoy your flight!
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter