Contempory l4th floor

lindylou

Mouseketeer
Hello friends,
2011 booked 2 bedroom 14th floor suite. At the last minute we were contacted and informed our suite no longer existed and was revamped to a health and wellness suite. Bummer! But we were graciously switched to other accommendations with some free perks.

Yesterday 2012 we stopped by the Contempory to hopefully see the new configuration of the Health and Wellness suite but could not because all suites were occupied. Shucks! However....... we were told the Health Wellness idea was not well recieved and the rooms were changed but not to the extent expected. ANYHOW, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SUITES NOW EXIST ON THE 14th FLOOR. Any info would be very much appreciated,
Thank you all.pixiedust:

Hello friends,
2011 booked 2 bedroom 14th floor suite. At the last minute we were contacted and informed our suite no longer existed and was revamped to a health and wellness suite. Bummer! But we were graciously switched to other accommendations with some free perks.

Yesterday 2012 we stopped by the Contempory to hopefully see the new configuration of the Health and Wellness suite but could not because all suites were occupied. Shucks! However....... we were told the Health Wellness idea was not well recieved and the rooms were changed but not to the extent expected. ANYHOW, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SUITES NOW EXIST ON THE 14th FLOOR. Any info would be very much appreciated,
Thank you all.pixiedust:

We were in a one bedroom with the living dining area, two baths. There was a connecting door on the other side of the living that was at least smother regular room. We had a sleeper sofa in the living, along with two queens in the bedroom

JEEPERS....I love the way you stay at Disney!!
Tell me about the one bedroom suite with the possible 2nd bedroom. Was it indeed on the 14th floor and did it have a parlor with kind of a mini kitchen and conference table. Also as you entered the suite was there a small entrance parlor? What month and year did you go? I think this was the suite we originally booked. I was really dissapointed when our reservation was changed. We had a party of 7 and really needed the 2 bedroom with parlor and total of 3 baths with 4 queens and sleep sofa. We stayed there before and really love to enjoy the suite as well as all Disney has to offer. This suite allowed us to have a true family vacation.

lindylou said:
JEEPERS....I love the way you stay at Disney!!
Tell me about the one bedroom suite with the possible 2nd bedroom. Was it indeed on the 14th floor and did it have a parlor with kind of a mini kitchen and conference table. Also as you entered the suite was there a small entrance parlor? What month and year did you go? I think this was the suite we originally booked. I was really dissapointed when our reservation was changed. We had a party of 7 and really needed the 2 bedroom with parlor and total of 3 baths with 4 queens and sleep sofa. We stayed there before and really love to enjoy the suite as well as all Disney has to offer. This suite allowed us to have a true family vacation.

Yes, that's it, MK side. That was the ultimate upgrade we've ever received. We were booked for like five days four nights over Memorial Day weekend '10. I had booked atrium club with a 40% discount bringing it to <$300 a night. When we pulled up they apologized for having to move us and wanted to know if these accommodations would be okay. The suite was almost dead center of the TPV side with two balconies.. Entered into a foyer with coat closet and a full marble bath with walk in shower, no tub. The living area had a sofa and two chairs, coffee table and entertainment center with flat screen tv, DVD player, etc. there was a conference type table with approx. 8chairs,kitchen type area with full sized fridge, sink, microwave and cabinets. I believe there's was a mini fridge that housekeeping kept stocked as well. The bedroom was basically a standard double queen room with full bath and the latest decor. The living and entry area were all a different decor, didn't quite fit together but it was extremely spacious for a family of four. The lounge was pretty standard one thing I did notices the 14th floor is not all open the way the other floors are, you had standard corridors broken up by the lounge.

we were told the Health Wellness idea was not well recieved and the rooms were changed but not to the extent expected. ANYHOW, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SUITES NOW EXIST ON THE 14th FLOOR. Thank you all.pixiedust:

Hmmm...'changed'...I'm not sure what that means. I was pretty certain the 'layouts' would remain same...and will continue to be following a 2013 refurbishment. Just sounds to be mostly a refurbishment of goods and the lounge...

UPDATE JULY 2012: Beginning late January 2013, the 14th floor rooms and suites of the Contemporary Resort will close for refurbishment. Some renovations planned for these suites include: a hard and soft goods refurbishment (things like bedspreads, linens, furnishings, etc.); improvements to the concierge lounge that will capitalize on the sweeping views of Cinderella Castle, nightly fireworks and the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake; enhancements to the corridors and elevator foyer. The new room design and in-room amenities will be reflective of high-end suites at all deluxe Disney Resorts. The health and wellness concept that was mentioned last year will not be included on that floor or within the suites; however, most of the design concepts previously shown for these suites will be incorporated. The refurbishment is expected to last through late summer 2013 (dates are subject to change).

For reference - in fall 2010 we were upgraded from Atrium CL TPV to Tower CL VP Suite 4904 (layout below), which is considered a 2 bedroom with an occupancy rate of 8. It had a king, 2 queens, and a pull-out sofa. Each space/room had a bathroom..even a guest bath w/ shower near the foyer. The entire space was almost 2,000 sq - so like 5 rooms combined with 5 balconies. It had a double door entrance with marble foyer, kitchen w/ stocked fridge, bar, dining room, living room, 3 or 4 bathrooms, tvs galore even in bathroom...huge...unreal. This was on the BL side.

Here is the floor plan for the Tower Club 14th floor at the Contemporary.

14thfloorplan.jpg

Lehuaann said:
Hmmm...'changed'...I'm not sure what that means. I was pretty certain the 'layouts' would remain same...and will continue to be following a 2013 refurbishment. Just sounds to be mostly a refurbishment of goods and the lounge...

UPDATE JULY 2012: Beginning late January 2013, the 14th floor rooms and suites of the Contemporary Resort will close for refurbishment. Some renovations planned for these suites include: a hard and soft goods refurbishment (things like bedspreads, linens, furnishings, etc.); improvements to the concierge lounge that will capitalize on the sweeping views of Cinderella Castle, nightly fireworks and the Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake; enhancements to the corridors and elevator foyer. The new room design and in-room amenities will be reflective of high-end suites at all deluxe Disney Resorts. The health and wellness concept that was mentioned last year will not be included on that floor or within the suites; however, most of the design concepts previously shown for these suites will be incorporated. The refurbishment is expected to last through late summer 2013 (dates are subject to change).

For reference - in fall 2010 we were upgraded from Atrium CL TPV to Tower CL VP Suite 4904 (layout below), which is considered a 2 bedroom with an occupancy rate of 8. It had a king, 2 queens, and a pull-out sofa. Each space/room had a bathroom..even a guest bath w/ shower near the foyer. The entire space was almost 2,000 sq - so like 5 rooms combined with 5 balconies. It had a double door entrance with marble foyer, kitchen w/ stocked fridge, bar, dining room, living room, 3 or 4 bathrooms, tvs galore even in bathroom...huge...unreal. This was on the BL side.

For reference I believe we were in 4914

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter