• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary vs Wilderness Lodge

kjc1123

Earning My Ears
Hello! My family is planning a trip to WDW in July 2013. Family includes a 7 year old, 5 year old, and 1 year old as well as two grandparents and an aunt.

I am in favor of staying at CR because of location to MK and monorail; also stayed there when I was little. My husband wants to stay at Wilderness Lodge. What are pros and cons of both? Thanks!

We've never stayed at the CR, but we've had 2 great stays at the WL. The main difference to me (other than theme/decor) is the CR is within walking distance to MK and the rooms are quite a bit larger, with all rooms having a daybed. With that said, I think the boat from WL to MK is quick and efficient as is the bus transportation. They both have great TS restaurants and convenient CS. Good luck deciding, although I don't think you can go wrong with either resort.

Contemporary you can walk to Magic Kingdom. On the resort monorail loop going from CR to MK it is the last stop on the loop and can take up 45 minute trip. I would walk to MK from CR. On the way back from MK to CR it is the first stop. WL has a boat going to MK (when whether permits). Themeimg is MUCH MUCH better at WL. I think the restaurants overall are much better at WL especially since Cali Grill will probably be closed on your trip.

We have stayed at both -- CR in July '10 and the WL in 12/11, 2/12, and 12/12. The WL is a far better bang for your buck. The CR is loud, noisy...too busy. The WL is much quieter and gives you that much needed relaxtion you will need during your stay. The boat goes directly to the MK and is about a 6 min ride. Also, the boat drops you off much closer to the entry of the MK than the monorail does. The rooms in the CR are gorgeous though; however, the WL just got a refurb this past year and the rooms are great (just the design aesthetic is a lot better at the CR). Hope this helps!

Thanks for your responses! We ended up with the Contemporary because WL couldn't accommodate us that week! Now let the planning begin!

Great choice, especially if you have small children. Have a great trip! Being on the monorail is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter