Contemporary vs. Bay Lake Tower

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I realize they're the same hotel. Correct?? When people check in, I assume there's only one lobby they do it at? I'm just a little confused because on Disneyworld.com you have the option of booking Bay Lake or Contemporary. I'm assuming it's called Bay Lake Tower as that's the one that has a view of the lake? I may want to stay here some day. If I end up loving Magic Kingdom this June, for my next trip in a couple years or so, maybe I'll stay here instead of my dream resort-The Polynesian Village.

Bay Lake Tower is the DVC building. The Contemporary is the actual hotel. Bay Lake Tower is all DVC units, meaning they're more like renting a condo than a traditional hotel room (kitchens, washers and dryers, stuff like that). The Contemporary has 14 floors and the monorail runs through it. I have no idea how many floors BLT has but it goes higher. You check in at whichever place you book. You'll have a nicer view of either the theme park or the lake from the actual hotel than the DVC building. To book a view of the Magic Kingdom at the Contemporary, you'd book theme park view. For a view of Bay Lake, you'd book standard view.

I realize they're the same hotel. Correct?? When people check in, I assume there's only one lobby they do it at? I'm just a little confused because on Disneyworld.com you have the option of booking Bay Lake or Contemporary. I'm assuming it's called Bay Lake Tower as that's the one that has a view of the lake? I may want to stay here some day. If I end up loving Magic Kingdom this June, for my next trip in a couple years or so, maybe I'll stay here instead of my dream resort-The Polynesian Village.

No. They are not the same.
Bay Lake Tower is a Disney Vacation Club -DVC the Disney timeshare arm - tower of Studio 1, 2, & 3 BR Villas. It is a totally separate building connected to the CR via a 5th floor sky bridge. It has its own pool which is not available to CR guests but shares other facilities with the CR.
Villas not booked by members may be available to book through Disney though availablity is often limited.
Another option is to rent DVC points from either an owner or a broker.

Disney's Contemporary Resort is a deluxe resort. It has standard hotel rooms, club level rooms, and some club level suites. Rooms are located both in the A-frame main building and a garden wing.

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort is part of the Disney Vacation Club, Disney's version of a timeshare. It is a separate resort that shares some facilities with the Contemporary Resort. It has studios, and one-, two- and three-bedroom villas. It is connected to the CR A-frame tower by a sky bridge.

If you want to stay at BLT, you can either make a cash reservation or rent a reservation from a DVC member.

The Contemporary has 14 floors and the monorail runs through it. I have no idea how many floors BLT has but it goes higher.
16 floors, but it is built lower than the Contemporary so the 4th floor of the Contemporary is at the same level as the 5th floor of Bay Lake Tower (the skybridge connects on these floors). So there is not much height difference and the Top of the World Lounge is roughly the same level as the California Grill at Contemporary.

It doesn't matter but the food at comtemporary cafe is really good. I love the lobster roll and it's only 1 counter meal, I hope they still have it there. They took the lobster roll away from boardwalk inn :(

You'll have a nicer view of either the theme park or the lake from the actual hotel than the DVC building.
Just a side point / opinion... I don't agree with this. We've stayed at CR and have been owners at BLT since it opened. We always get a theme park view, and we've found it to be better at BLT than CR.

I cannot speak on the views at BLT but did have a lake view at contemporary and it was beautiful! I think if you bed up loving MK you will really enjoy staying here. I can't recommend CR enough!

so disappointed with the garden wing!! not like staying at the contemporary at all.
Gosh, we loved our stay in the South Wing Building (there was still a North Wing Building at the time). It was easy to get down to the ground level and only a short walk to the main building. The pool was right outside our building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter