• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary Rooms Refurbished

bausemer

Earning My Ears
:cool1: I called the front desk of the contemporary resort and asked if the rooms in the tower had been refurbished. I was told all of the rooms in the tower had been done. Can anyone confirm this?

Someone just posted pictures of the first two refurbished rooms on this forum.

I haven't heard, but am interested too - especially looking at the pics.

Haven't heard, but would love to know as we are staying there when we visit for the first time in September. Anyone out there know for sure. :earsgirl:

I just booked 14th floor concierge and asked if the rooms were refurbished yet, and they told me they're scheduled for June on the 14th floor. I sure hope they're done by Sept since I'm a little nervous about what we'll get.

I called today to find out if all the Tower rooms would be ready since I read someone else on these boards that the 14th floor would start in June, and I called to find out if they would all be done in September for our trip, I was told that no rooms had been done, and there was no estimated start date, it seems that there is a lot of information about there and no one really knows. if you visit WDW and are at this hotel please keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somcgregor said:
I called today to find out if all the Tower rooms would be ready since I read someone else on these boards that the 14th floor would start in June, and I called to find out if they would all be done in September for our trip, I was told that no rooms had been done, and there was no estimated start date, it seems that there is a lot of information about there and no one really knows. if you visit WDW and are at this hotel please keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone on here posted pix of 2 rooms in progress of rehab on 6th floor tower.

I know that there are pictures posted on here, I just wanted to let those of you who were curious to know that I got a different answer than others. I was just wondering if someone could help us out by when they are there telling us if the rooms are being done or not.

I saw the pix too about a few days back or a week back. I remember seeing two different carpet designs. The old one and the new one. If I remember it correctly, the pix was taken in front of the elevator, but if I am wrong, then it is taken outside of the room door.

Just returned from a week at the CR North Wing. They are in the middle of rehab right now. New carpeting, mattresses, refrig, larger TV.

Thanks for the info rtjcbrown--one question--is the new carpet that they're putting in the North Wing the new, neutral color style as posted in the pictures recently, or is it the same as the old, more 'colorful' style? Thanks :)

Pats,
I did not see the carpeting, as it was being done on the 3rd floor and I was on the first. The maintenance man told me about it, and I saw them delivering carpeting and mattresses. My first floor room had new mattress, TV, and refrig.

Thanks, rtjc. We're thinking of going back here this year and I'm curious to see if they are changing the decor in the wings--it's the one thing I wasn't crazy about when we were there. Did you happen to notice if they had moved the arcade? The kids loved the nice large one that was next to the food and fun center. I think it was probably the best I've seen in the resorts.

Can you please ask a GM or CM Supervisor what their refurb schedule is going to be.. ESPECIALLY for the tower.

Im going the beginning of October for our Honeymoon and would LOVE to have one of these new rooms or at least not be next door to construction. We might be in our room more then most :cloud9:

We stayed in the CR North Wing last week and they were putting down new carpet on the 2nd floor (and 1st floor too I think) and it looks NOTHING like what is in the pictures in the link above. It is a one color dark brown carpet with swirls in it in the hallway. I didn't see them doing any work in the rooms near us but the wings are big so maybe there were elsewhere. Our rooms had the old style carpet and furnishings.

would it be safe to assume that the north wing will be completed by my late august travel date? i would *hate* to stay near construction (since that's what dh does for a living and i don't want him near a worksite while trying to relax! LOL!) and i would *love* a refurbished room! thanks! :flower:

Just returned last evening from a wonderful stay at the CT Tower - room 4619 on the 10th floor - lagoon view. The room was very nice but definitely not refurbished lately. No problems, but you could see some small signs of use. We didn't see any construction going on at all in the tower during the week. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter