Contemporary Resort Rumor Confirmed

Just wonderin... what do you think dues would be on a CR DVC??? :crazy:

Add me to the list of those who see no value in CRV. Being close to the parks is not important while I'm at my resort. Being close to my resort is not important when I'm at the parks.But this is just me, I guess others find this necessary. :confused3

simzac said:
Being close to the parks is not important while I'm at my resort. Being close to my resort is not important when I'm at the parks.But this is just me, I guess others find this necessary.

What is really nice is to see everyone else heading out of EPCOT to the parking lot as I stroll through the uncrodwed IG entrance and back to my room at the BCV or BWV. It's not necessary but it sure is nice.

HBC

Tinky said:
Just wonderin... what do you think dues would be on a CR DVC??? :crazy:

My guess is that they will be one of the highest. One of the reasons that Disney will build the Contemporary DVC resort in my opinion is to help subsidize the monorail. DVCers will gladly kick in their maintenance fees for the upkeep, even if it will be closer to walk to the MK from the resort than to walk up into the actual CR to ride it.

HBC

Happy Birthday Cat said:
What is really nice is to see everyone else heading out of EPCOT to the parking lot as I stroll through the uncrodwed IG entrance and back to my room at the BCV or BWV. It's not necessary but it sure is nice.

HBC
Now THIS I can honestly see the value in. The one (and really only) thing I hate about WDW transportation is leaving the MK at night by bus. Sadly, that's the park where driving is the least beneficial (drive and park and walk to tram and take tram and walk to boat/monorail and take boat/monorail vs take the bus). But I find myself mentally planning so we don't leave right after a Wishes or Spectro or at closing time....

I totally agree with this!! :banana: It's such a great feeling to casually stroll back to the resort and not have to get in a bus line!!

Happy Birthday Cat said:

HBC

This was the biggest reason that I bought in at the BWV last year. I have had too many experiences of trying to get out of EPCOT after Illuminations moving inch by inch. Oh, the IG is the most wonderful perk of staying at BCV or BWV. We REALLY appreciated it last Christmas when the parks were packed to the gills. And it was easy for my son to go back and forth to the room from EPCOT without having to take a bus. A true onsite experience for us.

simzac said:
Add me to the list of those who see no value in CRV. Being close to the parks is not important while I'm at my resort. Being close to my resort is not important when I'm at the parks.But this is just me, I guess others find this necessary. :confused3

Okay your added to the list: (Based on Beca's and VAscubaGUY's most excellent ROFR list):

Those who see value in the CRV:

greenban: 03/30/2006, Owner at all but HHI and CRV (so far!)
Dr. Tomorrow: 03/30/2006, Our friend from the future. I think he knows something about the CRV, but he's not telling!

Those who see NO VALUE in the CRV:

simzac: 03/30/2006, President and charter member of NVCRV!

Those waiting to decide if there is value in the CRV:

all other DISers: COME ON AND VOTE!

-Tony

No resorts or DISers were bashed or flamed in the making of this reply!

Of course there's value in CRV. Any addition to the on-site resorts will add variety to the choices available to the DVCer's. I'm sure after CRV is built (and probably before), members will debate the advantages and disadvantages of CRV over other on-site resorts. It's like arguing which is better, the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain. Sometimes I prefer one and sometimes I prefer the other, but the World is better for having both. Same with the DVC. Personally, I am more aligned with the character of the resort than where it's located. (Even at BWV, where it's nice to walk to Epcot, you still have to take a bus to get to MK or AK). But that's just me. Everybody gets to have their own preferences. ISN'T IT GREAT!

Dennyha said:
Of course there's value in CRV. Any addition to the on-site resorts will add variety to the choices available to the DVCer's. I'm sure after CRV is built (and probably before), members will debate the advantages and disadvantages of CRV over other on-site resorts. It's like arguing which is better, the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain. Sometimes I prefer one and sometimes I prefer the other, but the World is better for having both. Same with the DVC. Personally, I am more aligned with the character of the resort than where it's located. (Even at BWV, where it's nice to walk to Epcot, you still have to take a bus to get to MK or AK). But that's just me. Everybody gets to have their own preferences. ISN'T IT GREAT!

You have a great idea!

Howabout the DVC-III, super exclusive, very small resorts.

The Villas at the Haunted Mansion. The towers at the Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth Podules...... Ooooooohhhhhh..

-Tony

DrTomorrow said:
Now THIS I can honestly see the value in. The one (and really only) thing I hate about WDW transportation is leaving the MK at night by bus. Sadly, that's the park where driving is the least beneficial (drive and park and walk to tram and take tram and walk to boat/monorail and take boat/monorail vs take the bus). But I find myself mentally planning so we don't leave right after a Wishes or Spectro or at closing time....
Ditto, DrTomorrow. MK doesn't have an easy way to get there... walking from CR would be a plus. (It also doesn't hurt the CR has been my husband's dream vacation spot since he was young!)

Dr. Tomorrow: 03/30/2006, Our friend from the future. I think he knows something about the CRV, but he's not telling!

CRV would have value to me, since I love the MK. It might not to the next guy. :sunny:

doombuggy said:
CRV would have value to me, since I love the MK. It might not to the next guy. :sunny:
I love MK as much as anyone, my point is when I'm not in the park, I want to be away from the hustle and bustle just to relax, I only get one week of vacation a year and want to make the most of it. I'm thrilled so many want to see CRV added, I'm just not one of them. Sorry if I sound negative, just voicing my opinion. :confused3

greenban said:

The Villas at the Haunted Mansion. The towers at the Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth Podules...... Ooooooohhhhhh..

-Tony

I don't know - I like a quieter resort. It seems to me the neighbors might be a bit noisy at ToT, you know... all that screaming, not to mention the on-going problem of malfunctioning elevators. :confused3 Just my opinion.

On the topic of the wireless Internet in the rooms. . . I don't know if this helps/hurts/has no effect, but a few years ago when I was on the college program we were told that Disney has its own phone company onsite (as well as water) because it was cheaper to "produce" these things themselves than to outsource it to a regular phone/water company. I haven't used the wireless Internet in the rooms so I don't know if it's like at some hotels where you log on through a major Internet provider, but is it possible that in addition to telephone, water and who knows what else that Disney is its own Internet company as well?

abner1776 said:
Internet access at WDW..why and who cares ???? I go to WDW to ESCAPE from my daily work and stress which includes too many e-mails and websites..why would I want to bring the things that stress me out on my vacation ??? Our family use to spend a week in the wilds of Wyoming at a ranch horseback riding every day...we left the cellphones and PDA's at home, but the ranch provided wired internet access in one room off the dining room. I was amazed by the people who brought their laptops to Wyoming and spent over 90 minutes each evening "connected" ...I guess the definition for "vacation" has changed.

Another way to look at it. . . maybe these people wouldn't otherwise be permitted to take that vacation if they had work to do at home but Internet access allows it.

Two years ago I spent a month in Italy. It was right in the middle of the semester. My University has a number of web courses and I had registered all of my classes as Internet courses (luckily a number of my major requirements were available online as well as traditional courses) and spent most of March in Italy. I could hop online and get my new asssigments as they were posted, do the work in the evening or afternoon on days nothing was planned, and then spend the rest of my time enjoying Italy. If I hadn't been able to access the Internet, I would have had to opt out on that amazing vacation.

well, we all agree on one thing ...we love Disney! otherwise, I'm sure we would have found another worthwhile venture to plunk our dollars on... as far as CRV - count me out...I could care less about the monorail.. tried it this past Feb just to say I had - nice but no great shakes...

it amuses me how people rave about being able to get here or there because their DVC is located close by BUT none of the resorts has transportation to ALL the parks.....kind of funny, dontcha think??! one is no better than the next ...so in the end, it just comes down to personal preference ( which has been the case all along)..if I have it right, BWV and BCV are in walking distance to Epcot , WLV has a boat to MK, SSR gets you to DTD in a few minutes by foot or boat and OKW gets to DTD by boat also ... bottom line, we're all in the same place - WDW !! and that's better ANY day than my desk at work!! ( which by the way I can drive to in 11 1/2 minutes) :rotfl2:

have a good one.... :wave2:

greenban said:
You have a great idea!

-Tony

I would definitely do add-ons for VHM and TTOT.

greenban said:
You have a great idea!

-Tony

Oh, man, this has been a fantasy of mine for 30 years! When our son was little, he used to walk around the parks and play Hotel Guy. He'd point out where rooms could be tucked into Germany and Norway and around Imagination at Epcot, on Tom Sawyer's Island or over Main Street in the MK. And in the Castle for Dad. We would have gladly paid BIG money very early on if there'd been "in park" DVCs!

DisFlan

greenban said:
Okay your added to the list: (Based on Beca's and VAscubaGUY's most excellent ROFR list):

-Tony

No resorts or DISers were bashed or flamed in the making of this reply!

Tony,
I wouldn't say "NVCRV" for us. They'd be great because a lot of people WOULD want them, thereby reducing pressure at other resorts. But there would be LVCRV ("L" for little) for our family. Even though we would enjoy staying on the monorail, we just don't like the contemporary. So much the better for us if others love it, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter