Contemporary Resort for couples

Dream39

Earning My Ears
Hello all,I was wondering who has been to the Contemporary resort & is it a couple-friendly resort? My husband & I are going in May. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by couple-friendly. It would help us answer your question if you'd give us a bit more info on what you're looking for in a resort, or what you wouldn't want in a resort. :)

The Disney resorts, CR included, are kind of everything-friendly. You'll see all ages there, from babies to elderly couples. Lots of kids, or course. Couples, singles, groups of friends traveling together, families of every description.

My hubby and I stayed there pre-children:) We had a theme park view room, and it was pretty quiet.I've heard people mention Chef Mickey's can get noisy, but we stayed there a few times and never heard it.

I'm the other half of a couple and we enjoyed two visits at the Polynesian and will be switching to CR Theme Park View Tower, but not to avoid kids. The monorail resorts are the most ideal for families with a need for a quick nap in the hot crowded afternoons so they should be packed with kids. Cost of rooms serve to discourage it. Stayed twice at the CR when our kids we with us but could only afford the Garden View rooms. Now we are finally able to spring for the tower room and nothing else matters. Walking to and from the MK is worth a mint at gate opening and park closings. California Grille view is romantic! Those in love can't hear any noise. Oh wait that's only when my hearing aid is turned down.

We stay here without kids and it is great for couples!
Great location for transportation, and lots of signature dining to choose from!

DH and I stayed at the CR a couple years ago and it was great. We were there during peak summer season and it never seemed crazy busy with kids. We had a great time sitting in the bar at The Wave in the evenings and having a drink.

The contemporary freaking rocks. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Actually, there will probably be many people who say that the Contemporary does not, in fact rock. Some people are not in love with the architectural style of the resort or the decor, or even for that matter, the location (some folks prefer to be closer to Epcot).

However, I can't think of a single deluxe that a couple wouldn't feel comfortable staying at. Pick the resort that appeals the most to you and go for it. If, for you, that is the Contemporary, I think you'll have a great time.

I would love to stay here with my boyfriend some day. I think it's a really neat hotel and that it would appeal to my boyfriend. I think it could be a great resort for a couple.

As with any Disney hotel...I would always recommend that you just pick a resort that suits your style. Any Disney hotel will have some kids...so that's not really a reason to choose one hotel over the other in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input! & Lynn M sorry I probably should have been more in detail,when I meant "couple friendly"I guess I was meaning to say,is the ratio usually more comprised of couples rather than families,not that we mind kids,we just want to enjoy the time we have bc this honestly is probably our last vaca before we start planning a family ourselves. :) I am so excited,I guess the reason we chose the CR is bc of the convenience,my husband is all about convenience over value,hehe :) I read unfortunately that while we're there, the California Grill is under refurb. :( Which is a downer since I was really looking forward to eating there. But I can't wait to try out the Wave & also get myself a glowing Martini from Outer Rim bar! :) :)

Thanks everyone for your valuable input! & Lynn M sorry I probably should have been more in detail,when I meant "couple friendly"I guess I was meaning to say,is the ratio usually more comprised of couples rather than families,not that we mind kids,we just want to enjoy the time we have bc this honestly is probably our last vaca before we start planning a family ourselves. :) I am so excited,I guess the reason we chose the CR is bc of the convenience,my husband is all about convenience over value,hehe :) I read unfortunately that while we're there, the California Grill is under refurb. :( Which is a downer since I was really looking forward to eating there. But I can't wait to try out the Wave & also get myself a glowing Martini from Outer Rim bar! :) :)

I can honestly say that there's no resort on Disney property that has more couples than kids, and the same is probably true of most hotels in Central Fl. It's just a very kid-oriented area. You might find that the higher-end offsite resorts like the Waldorf and the Four Seasons would have a higher proportion of adult guests.

The CR is a great hotel, the rooms are large and comfortable and the location and being on the monorail is great. Unfortunately we haven't stayed at the hotel in years but we are DVC owners at BLT and get to enjoy the amenities at the hotel. CR was the first hotel we stayed at when we first went to WDW so it will always be special to us! Enjoy and have a great time!

clapton said:
The CR is a great hotel, the rooms are large and comfortable and the location and being on the monorail is great. Unfortunately we haven't stayed at the hotel in years but we are DVC owners at BLT and get to enjoy the amenities at the hotel. CR was the first hotel we stayed at when we first went to WDW so it will always be special to us! Enjoy and have a great time!

Thank you! :) By the way how is Bay Lake Tower? I've heard good things about staying there as well.

Lynne M said:
I can honestly say that there's no resort on Disney property that has more couples than kids, and the same is probably true of most hotels in Central Fl. It's just a very kid-oriented area. You might find that the higher-end offsite resorts like the Waldorf and the Four Seasons would have a higher proportion of adult guests.

Thanks! :) I'm sure you're right,I guess I was under the impression before that the value resorts were more overrun with mainly families compared to the mod/deluxe ones,but I would def expect there to be a good number at CR as well especially bc of the location. & thanks, we'll prob end up staying every time at a Disney resort just for the convenience & perks :)

Hello all,I was wondering who has been to the Contemporary resort & is it a couple-friendly resort? My husband & I are going in May. :)

We can definitely understand what you are asking - we are a couple with no kids who travel to Disney regularly. Reality is you are going to run into a lot kids everywhere at Disney, including the resort hotels. You can't get away from kids at Disney. Saying that, the ratio of adults to kids may be greater with the Contemporary is a convention center.

Another option would be the Coronado Springs resort - which is also a convention center.

79CF469C000B75F043E9CDD02D603D37.png

love BLT - it has all the conveniences of the CR w/o having the white noise.

you generally won't heard anything in your room with the door closed because it uses white noise very well.

did not even realize it was white noise until we went to a 1-bedroom at OKW after staying at CR w/MK view. on the tape it definitely showed how much quieter OKW is.

so now have a BLT to walk to the MK. have bwv to walk to Studios and Epcot.

in values you will find that Pop Century attracts more couples and singles than the other values.

not sure in the moderates.

CR has the same advantages that BLT has - if you want to eat some place else besides CR - then you have the monorail for Polyn and GF - a boat for WL and FW - and you can walk to the MK - you can also monorail to Epcot.

it has a great amount of activities and for me that makes it pretty wonderfully

We are a couple with no kids. We stay at BLT quite often. Why? We love the proximity to the monorail. I used to stay at BLT with friends/family but DH always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk or Beachclub so we could walk to Epcot. Now he loves staying at BLT as much as I do.

A word of caution about the outer rim lounge though - it used to be a lot bigger and quieter. It's kind of tucked into a corner right in front of Chef Mickeys so it always seems noisy to us.

We'd much rather go up to the bar at the California Grill for cocktails. Unfortunately, CG will be closed when we make our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter