Contemporary Resort - Atrium Club Level

Kincade

Earning My Ears
We are arriving for our annual Disney week on Saturday, 8/3/13 and staying in the Contemporary - Atrium Club Level (supposed to be 12th floor)
If you have stayed in the Atrium Club recently I would love to hear about your experience! How were the rooms, balconies, etc? Any insider pre-arrival tips? Did you use the Concierge for anything I may not have thought of?
We have already booked our dining.
Really want to know about the lounge and food offerings feedback.
Did you watch the fireworks from your room or in the lounge?
Any tricks to get upgraded or to secure a better room?
Thanks in advance!
We got selected to beta test the Disney Magic Bands. So far that experience has been amazing. Already secured our daily fast passes for every day of our trip!
Maybe we will see your smiling family on site if visiting that week!
Counting down the days in ATL!

We are arriving for our annual Disney week on Saturday, 8/3/13 and staying in the Contemporary - Atrium Club Level (supposed to be 12th floor)
If you have stayed in the Atrium Club recently I would love to hear about your experience! How were the rooms, balconies, etc? Any insider pre-arrival tips? Did you use the Concierge for anything I may not have thought of?
We have already booked our dining.
Really want to know about the lounge and food offerings feedback.
Did you watch the fireworks from your room or in the lounge?
Any tricks to get upgraded or to secure a better room?
Thanks in advance!
We got selected to beta test the Disney Magic Bands. So far that experience has been amazing. Already secured our daily fast passes for every day of our trip!
Maybe we will see your smiling family on site if visiting that week!
Counting down the days in ATL!

I can't help with any input as we've never stayed at the CR, but I hope you don't mind me subbing to your thread as I would be interested in hearing things on Atrium club as well. We are staying at the CR for the first time in December and have decided try CL :).

I'm subbing, too. We are staying at CL at the beginning of September, so I'd love to hear about other people's experiences! Have a great trip!

In June 2011 we got upgraded to MKV Atrium club due to maintenance in the deluxe garden rooms. ( they were window washing).

Standard Atrium will be view of Bay Lake. however there are lots of windows and balconies in the lounge:goodvibes

You can request milk, beer or wine anytime. The lounge has coolers not frig so they can't keep milk out all day.

You can take anything you want to your room but only 2 alcoholic drinks allowed for one person.

I would put wine in a to-go coffee cup and then walk around 4th floor and shop.( love my wine!)

The food offerings were good. Dd and ds kind of fussy but were able to find something each night. If you like olives they have then on the fruit and cheese platters.

They had pb&j and bread out during day and ds then 14 loved the taste. He still raves about the home made potato chips!

Dd and I loved 8-10 dessert time:)

Dh liked hot oatmeal at breakfast, mini pastries and fruit.::yes::

At check-in they will ask you if want something to drink, we all know what I asked for.

On check out day we had a latter flight. Ds wanted to hang in lounge. Dh and I wanted to swim but I didn't want to travel with "pool hair". Concierge told me that in the spa/gym area there was a bathroom with showers I could use and it was great. No one was there. They had a hair dryer there, towels too! Made going home day so much better and relaxing.

I could go on and on. We loved it! The view of MK is so awesome. You feel like you are truly part of the Magic 24/7!:love:

What is also nice is that you are on the same floor as the lounge so going back and forth is easy peasy.

If you have a mobility issue(strollers/walking etc) you could request to be near the lounge. We were almost the farthest room from lounge but I didn't mind at all. LOL I literally skipped down the long hall to lounge:rotfl:(peeked to make sure no one watching). Then on way back to room with hands loaded for family I would enjoy peeking over railing to view of concourse. :)

I would email any requests. Recently at Poly Cl they said at arrival that "they were able to honor my requests" as soon as I sat down to check in. So I think that is best chance.

Also forgot to mention we watched fireworks from our MK view room balcony. If on Bay lake side you can watch water pageant from room then go lounge and watch fireworks. I also enjoyed watching and hearing the busses boats and trains in the morning as Disney wakes up:thumbsup2

I will be glad to post an extensive review upon our return! We got selected to beta test the Magic Bands so the trip got more exciting.

I will be glad to post an extensive review upon our return! We got selected to beta test the Magic Bands so the trip got more exciting.

I can't wait to read it. We will be staying Atrium Theme Park View in May. I also want to know more about the Magic Bands. For example, is your room key on the band? We're annual passholders so the Magic Bands have been confusing to us since they announced them. Hope you have a great time.

In June 2011 we got upgraded to MKV Atrium club due to maintenance in the deluxe garden rooms. ( they were window washing).

Standard Atrium will be view of Bay Lake. however there are lots of windows and balconies in the lounge:goodvibes

You can request milk, beer or wine anytime. The lounge has coolers not frig so they can't keep milk out all day.

You can take anything you want to your room but only 2 alcoholic drinks allowed for one person.

I would put wine in a to-go coffee cup and then walk around 4th floor and shop.( love my wine!)

The food offerings were good. Dd and ds kind of fussy but were able to find something each night. If you like olives they have then on the fruit and cheese platters.

They had pb&j and bread out during day and ds then 14 loved the taste. He still raves about the home made potato chips!

Dd and I loved 8-10 dessert time:)

Dh liked hot oatmeal at breakfast, mini pastries and fruit.::yes::

At check-in they will ask you if want something to drink, we all know what I asked for.

On check out day we had a latter flight. Ds wanted to hang in lounge. Dh and I wanted to swim but I didn't want to travel with "pool hair". Concierge told me that in the spa/gym area there was a bathroom with showers I could use and it was great. No one was there. They had a hair dryer there, towels too! Made going home day so much better and relaxing.

I could go on and on. We loved it! The view of MK is so awesome. You feel like you are truly part of the Magic 24/7!:love:

Thanks for your review :). I have been trying to decide between standard CL and MKV CL and while I would love MKV, it's $150 more a night :faint:. We're only there 2 nights prior to a cruise, but it's also peak season so it's hard for me to take the plunge. But it does sound awesome :goodvibes.

If on Bay lake side you can watch water pageant from room then go lounge and watch fireworks. I also enjoyed watching and hearing the busses boats and trains in the morning as Disney wakes up:thumbsup2

That is a good idea to watch the EWP from your room balcony and then head to the lounge to watch the fireworks :wizard:.

I can't wait to read all about it. Congrats on being selected to test the magic bands.....that's got to be exciting :goodvibes.

I'm staying CL MKV Atruim Club in 9/2014 and will anxiously await your reviews/trip report!! I wanted to get tower club MKV(14th floor) but was told I couldn't be guaranteed a MKV room and having dreamed about staying at the CR for 20 years since my first and only WDW trip(off property but still AWESOME) I'm pulling out all the stops... We really wanted that big ole balcony on the 14th floor-but I won't compromise on the theme park view(My fiancé a former 2x College CM thinks I'm crazy for wanting to stay in a deluxe resort and seems to think we'll "NEVER EVER DO IT AGAIN THERE'S NO NEED!!" Iittle does she know) If you don't mind-would you possibly take a pic of the 12th floor layout?? In particular I'm looking for room numbers on the MK and BL sides-there's tons of pics online of the 14th floor w suites etc-but never any of the 12th. I'm asking because in addition to my fiancé (our anniversary trip) and myself-her cousin and 3 kids will be going and we're hoping to make room requests to keep us closer together(although not on the same reservation) we'd like to be able to walk out of the rooms and see across the Atruim to each other!

I began a thread today for ONLY those who've used FP+ and Magic Bands-it's in the theme park attractions forum-we'd sure appreciate some feedback there as well!! I began that thread specifically to get away from all the rumors/speculation/complaining about FP+ limits etc and to get into HARD FACTS from people who've been there and done that!
The thread is called

Sorry I didn't finish-but here's a pic of the thread!

You guys must be super psyched and I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

null-1.png

I can't wait to read it. We will be staying Atrium Theme Park View in May. I also want to know more about the Magic Bands. For example, is your room key on the band? We're annual passholders so the Magic Bands have been confusing to us since they announced them. Hope you have a great time.

I'm hoping to hear from you too Chemnerd!!! Did you by chance ask for the tower club Theme Park View??

Yes, the Magic Bands act as our room keys, tickets and fast passes! I have already scheduled out fast passes for each day of our trip! You can personalize the bands by colors and have your names put on them. Got an email telling me that they were shipped UPS yesterday!
We are two weeks out and very excited. The My Disney Experience App is really cool. We did get a MK View and are scheduled to be on Atrium Club 12th floor. I have heard that sometimes you get put on 14th in one of the standard rooms. Look forward to sharing all info I can with you!

Yes, the Magic Bands act as our room keys, tickets and fast passes! I have already scheduled out fast passes for each day of our trip! You can personalize the bands by colors and have your names put on them. Got an email telling me that they were shipped UPS yesterday!
We are two weeks out and very excited. The My Disney Experience App is really cool. We did get a MK View and are scheduled to be on Atrium Club 12th floor. I have heard that sometimes you get put on 14th in one of the standard rooms. Look forward to sharing all info I can with you!

Thanks so much-I greatly appreciate it! I'm certainly hoping for the 14th floor but after waiting 20 years to stay there I didn't want to book 14th w/o being guaranteed a theme park view! I'm sure hoping they dump some pixie dust on my head so i can fly to the 14th floor! I'm also hoping to get a room discount pin-so far they've released 35% off for deluxe from 1/14-3/14 and then for some other dates as well but they're not up to September yet! I've requested to be as close to the MK as possible(northern end of the 12th floor) because 4911/12/13 on the 14th fl (which is apparently closed for rehab) are the standard rooms up there w MK/TPV
Here's a map for you! Hope you get upgraded and we'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

null-2.jpg

We are also selected to do the almost exact same thing as you! Except we are doing a splitstay with the Poly CL too. So excited about the magic bands! We are staying 8/6-8/10 at the Atrium Club then 8/11 - 8/15 at the King K. Club! Can't wait!

Katie

I'm hoping to hear from you too Chemnerd!!! Did you by chance ask for the tower club Theme Park View??

My mother made the reservation online and I believe that it was a separate booking category. She made the reservation as soon as the 2014 prices were released.

This might be a stupid question, but if your room key is on the Magic Band, do you still get the gold Keys to the World card? I was hoping to be able to save that key because this is our once in a lifetime trip.

I'm a vacation planner and HOPE to get picked for the MB on our sty!!! Look forward to hearing all about it!!!

I did as well-at 8am the day the packages came out!

We've been planning this trip since December of last year and it was quite annoying to have wait so long to make the reservation. Now I have to wait even more until the trip.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter