Contemporary replies from Disney last week

I'd be more worried about the dues than the cost per point to buy. Seems to me that between the monorail, bus & water transportation (not to mention all the hotel-like services DVC members will share with the cash guests), those dues could end up quite high. Remains to be seen, I guess.

I agree, Carol, and I think the point schedule could be high too.

I agree, Carol, and I think the point schedule could be high too.

I'd be more worried about the dues than the cost per point to buy. Seems to me that between the monorail, bus & water transportation (not to mention all the hotel-like services DVC members will share with the cash guests), those dues could end up quite high.

Agree with both comments and that's why I'll wait before making a commitment. I might buy but then again I might not for the reasons given by Carol and Diane. I think a lot of people are in my boat on this.

Just the fact that Disney will start sharing the costs of the monorail with eager DVC members is reason enough IMHO for this to be a no-brainer for Disney. It will be a DVC.

HBC

but how much does it cost to run the monirail?

is it more then feeding all the animals?

one would think it would be higher because all the resorts around are higher and it'll be attached to a high end deluxe resort.

I think you all would be pretty surprised at the number of DVC owners who have NO INTEREST in CRV. I'll visit and take a look, but there is absolutely no draw for me. First of all, the whole big high rise thing doesn't appeal to me at all, and MK is the park we visit the least. Just plain not interested. I think they will test the waters a bit with a non/DVC portion to this new tower first, and then decide if it will be DVC or not.

I just wish they'd run the monorail to the Vero Beach resort. That would be the perfect setup for me.....:)

I am happy where I am at. We plan on adding more points but it will be at AKV or BCV.

I myself would love to have DVC at the flagship resort. I grew up on the monorail resorts. This must be a sentimental thing for me too. But I cant wait till I could stay there with my son and jump on the monorail as I did as a youngster. That said I also love to death my home resort. OKW. The original Disney Vacation Club. dave

Old Key West is Just that. We do not need a monorail hotel to hold the ranes for dvc.

I hope that you all get the dream of Crv after all I got mine AKV..

While they could increase points as simply a way to increase the price, DVC hasn't shown that mentality unlike some other timeshare points systems I know. AKV wasn't higher overall, if anything, it was slightly lower on the whole. We had this discussion with AKV and those that thought DVC would take the opportunity to raise the bar were proven wrong, fortunately for all of us. I think one can expect the ponits to be roughly the same as VWL, etc, overall, with obvious allowances for room type and special views.

I believe that changed about 2-3 years ago allowing DVC to sell units prior. AKV didn't have a single room 70% complete when they offered units for sale. At the time I asked about COO and was told the state rules had changed.

I'm not sure about the law, but....

The units WERE 70% complete at AKV prior to selling, or close to it. Because completion would indicate TOTAL build out. And because the Jambo units were conversions, I'd think they were pretty close to 70% before they even STARTED the actual construction to convert.

As with others, I am not interested. In fact if DVC does not clean it up it's act with the existing resorts and take a more concerned interest in the current membership, what I do have will be for sale.

As with others, I am not interested. In fact if DVC does not clean it up it's act with the existing resorts and take a more concerned interest in the current membership, what I do have will be for sale.

I am interested to hear what you concerns are as well. Although we have only been DVC owners for almost one year now I have to say that we are extremely happy with our purchase. So much so shortley after our initail purchase at AKV we added on at BCV. I see different posts where individuals voiced their complaints (and not to take anything away from that) I just dont get it. I think DVC is actually on course to provide its members with much more (in terms of choice) that they have ever had. I understand that everyone wants perks (so do we) but what we purchased DVC for is to lock in future vacations at great resorts at todays prices. Now they are even offering more choices for us in which to utilize our points. This was one of the main reasons we purchased at Disney. We looked at other timeshares and to us the value just wasnt there. For example through marriott a week long timeshare stay (beach front) at Myrtle Beach SC was going to cost us $44,000K. We go for two weeks every year (oicean front-top notch property) and pay $1,800 per week. I would have to pay over 90K through Marriott up front to get my two weeks (not including maintaince fees that would amount to about $1,800 per year. Our 300 points at Disney (for less than 30K) will go much farther at far less the price. We love DVC, and although it is not for everyone I believe they are holding up their end of the bargain with what they are providing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter