Contemporary Renovation!

budwmn

If you believe in magic, you belong
I was thrilled to read in the January Dis Newsletter that rumor has it that the Contemporary is going to be redone. :cool1:

The new plan sounds beautiful! I hope the rumor is true. It will give me another option of a MK resort I would love to visit! :D

Do you have a link for that? One rumor is that the north wing is going to be converted to DVC.

The interior of the contemporary looked so run down when we were there a few weeks ago, stains on the carpets, grubby looking and horrendous color schemes.. if any place needs a makeover ~ it's the CR!

I agree, a renovation is definitely needed at the Contemporary. When we were there last week to eat, it looked very run down and boring. This hotel just isn't quite up to speed with the other hotels in WDW and considering its great location and interesting architecture, it should be.

When is this supposed to start and how long will it last? We're supposed to stay there this summer, but after staying at the GF and Polynesian through renovations, I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. Thanks!

No link needed -- the info is in the newsletter at the top of the page.

mrg013 said:
I agree, a renovation is definitely needed at the Contemporary. When we were there last week to eat, it looked very run down and boring. This hotel just isn't quite up to speed with the other hotels in WDW and considering its great location and interesting architecture, it should be.

I'd like to know when the renovation is starting also. It doesn't say in the newsletter. I'm hoping that it's just in the planning stages now and it won't be going on during our March trip. Or they will close down the Concourse Steakhouse while the change it over to the food court. I'd hate to be there when the food court is closed. We may have to change resorts if it is.

Does anyone know if they will be displacing guests to other resorts. I have a ressie for 2 rooms for a week in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter