Contemporary pin meets

suzanneb

<font color=magenta>Itching for the Hot Seat - has
I couldn't decide whether this or the pin trading only board was more appropriate...so here 'tis.

Pintrader (Kathryn) has this regularly scheduled super Fri night pin meet at the Contemp (by the pin station in the atrium). It starts at 7...
I had flown in that day, Jun 29, (getting up at 3:30 AM TX time, yikes), and I wasn't sure I was up to a night meet, but it was wonderful...I stayed and traded with fine folks for over two hours!
I highly recommend this meet! I know we have discussed having an Aug 10 (All Star) meet in addition to our biggie on the 11th. I would like to suggest we go to the Contemp for the Fri Aug 10 meet...nice and cool..lots of room, super people to trade with...let me know what y'all think:bounce: :bounce:

Shirley and I are staying at the Music resort. Thanks for the invitation but I think we will probably be at the music resort meet.

Have a Happy 4th.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Suzanne,

I am not sure if I am reading your post wrong, but is there a meet every Friday at the COntemporary? Thats what I took as regularly scheduled.
Is it just on the 29th or is there one every week?
Thanks,
Matt

I will be in WDW the 29th thru the 4th of Aug if anyone wants meet up.
I'll be missing the BIG pin event by a couple of days, but I am not complaining because I still get to go to WDW anyway.
:bounce:

As I understand it there is a weekly Friday night pin meet at the contemporary. As for moving the All-Star meet over to there it makes no difference to me as I am not staying at either hotel. Seeing as the Contemp. has been all that they can to encourage pintrading and it has A/C I think we should go to the Contemp.

The pin meet organized by Pintrader meets EVERY Friday at the Contemp...in the wonderful AC in the hotel atrium by the pin cart. It starts about 7...I had a super time there!:bounce:

This is just a suggestion to anyone who is going to the Music resort meet.
They have a huge dining area that is air conditioned.
I am sure the meet could be moved inside if it were too hot out.

I will be staying at All Star Music on the 10th. If people would rather do to the Contemporary that is their choice. I don't think the meets should be in competition with each other or combined. Whoever wants to go to Contemporary can go. As Shirley said we can always go in the food court if air conditioning is the factor that you don't want to go to ASMu. The only reason I set up a meet for there is that there are a lot of people staying at that hotel and it would be convenient for a lot of people. If you would rather go to Contemporary go ahead don't feel bad about it but I will be at ASMu for whoever wants to stay there.

Isn't the Contemporary meet at 7 PM and the ASMu meet at 10 PM?

If I have this right, we can all go to TWO meets, if we want.

Works for me.:)

The information I have on Stacey's meet at the ASMu is that it's on Friday, August 10th at 8pm. The AJ/ML meet at the Swan is on Saturday, August 11th at 8pm. Correct me if I'm wrong, because that's what I have on my handy dandy itinerary and if that's wrong, I won't show up!!!

I do know that I'm going to Stacey's ASMu meet on the 10th, and probably won't be going to any other meets on that day. Don't know about anyone else, but that's what I'm doing.

The ASMu meet is on the 10th at 8:00 p.m. Feel free to go to whichever meet you want as both will be going on as scheduled.

Hi Suzanne
Matt, Jeff, Trina, Eeyore64 (Kathi), Rick and I have Chef Mickeys reservations at 8:30 that night so I'm sure we will be stopping by to trade with you guys!

Hi everybody, Am just starting to get caught up on some of the posts. Too much Disney not enough time. WHAT ???? There's no such thing as too much Disney LOL.

I started this regularly scheduled super Fri night pin meet at the Contemp (by the pin station in the atrium)about eight weeks ago. It starts at 7 p.m. and we have been known to go as late as 2:30 so far. I may be wrong, but I may have begun doing these after the ASM meet was planned. Anyway, my meet is in NO WAY to compete with any other meet or to make others "choose". Meets are fun The socializing is fun and where we do it is irrelevant.

I will be staying at All Star Music from the 9-10th. If people would rather do to the Contemporary that is their choice. I don't think the meets should be in competition with each other or combined either. Whoever wants to go to Contemporary can go. The only reason I set up a meet for there is that there are a lot of people staying away frpom DTD anymore and we were all looking for a "kinder/gentler" place to enjoy our hobby. There's no rule that we can only attend one pin meet. I will likely get mine started and then once it gets in full swing, I want to join the ASM meet.

Matt, Jeff, Trina, Kathi, Rick and Lori have Chef Mickeys reservations at 8:30 that night so , hopefully they will be stopping by to trade with us before dinner just in case some of us have opted to meet hop.

Thanks everyone for wnating to be concerned about issues.

I apologize for getting my times mixed up in my earlier post. :rolleyes: Just being my usual overactive self. The thought of two pin meets in one night must have melted part of the brain. :eek:

In any case, we're going to try to make both meets on Friday night, starting at the Contemporary, and working back to ASMu, where we're staying.

I'm trying to not be too precise on the timing. My DH keeps reminding me this is the only sans-kids vacation we've had in almost two years. Of course, I keep reminding him that this is not a vacation, it's a pin event! ;)

I apologize to all who felt I was wanting folks to "choose" a single meet to attend on Fri, Aug 10. I had just posted as a SUGGESTION. Of course any and all can attend more than one meet. I was just relating how positive an experience I had at Contemp at the meet there each Fri night...and it was soooo comfortable and COOL...
Since I too am at All Star, I will probably go to both Contemp and AS Music.

suzanneb - I really appreciate the info. I for one am at the BWI so can I go to AS meet?

I am solo the night of the 10 both boys are heading to IOA/USf for an overnight so I plan on hitting both meets. So many meets - so little time!!!

Lisa- but of course you may go, both meets are open to all DIS folks...I look forward to going!

Hey Lisa, I was just going to hang around wherever you were going. I figure that you will be able to provide "crowd control". (All you would have to do is "wave" LOL!)

Suzi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter