Contemporary parking ?

Not jumping down your throat, because you honestly don't seem to know. But Disney does not view parking that way. Even if you are staying on site, that still only gives you parking rights at the resort you are booked at. Just because you are staying at the Beach Club doesn't mean that you can go park at the Contemporary, or the Poly, or any other resort and not risk getting towed. You will still only get a 3 hour parking pass, unless you valet park. The Contemporary, Poly, and Beach Club parking lots would all be jammed with people not staying at that resort otherwise. And just think how angry you would be if you pulled up to the Beach Club and there was no place for you to park.

I am very well aware that just b/c im staying onsite doesnt give me parking rights at any disney resorts... i was simply asking b/c we were there for dinner... Im not about to duke it out with people in cyber space but people get so irritated over a question and read into things too much.. this is as bad as the refillable mug question... thank god disney now has the ones to use at other resorts.. or is that a sin as well...??;)

I am very well aware that just b/c im staying onsite doesnt give me parking rights at any disney resorts... i was simply asking b/c we were there for dinner... Im not about to duke it out with people in cyber space but people get so irritated over a question and read into things too much.. this is as bad as the refillable mug question... thank god disney now has the ones to use at other resorts.. or is that a sin as well...??;)
When someone asks a question here, and it's a 'touchy' subject, they are sure to get some responses they don't like. Parking at a resort, other than the one you are paying to stay at, is frowned upon. Everyone has what they feel to be a good reason for doing it. But, you can park at a resort while you are at that resort, enjoying the amenities there. One of the amenities is not taking up a parking spot while you head off to a park. There are no 'different answers'...there are signs at the resorts stating that parking is not provided for park access. You want to go to the fireworks..that is considered 'park access'. So...if you want to be perfectly kosher about it, park at the TTC and take the monorail to CR for dinner, then walk back to MK and then monorail or ferry back to the TTC after the fireworks. Otherwise, do what you want but don't complain when someone expresses displeasure about your stretching the parking rules.

I also have seen folks hop off the buses and head to the parking lots..I've seen it at BW, WL, Polynesian. Generally speaking, I'm pretty sure those folks are not staying at those resorts, but using the parking lots for easier access. And after renting a car the past couple of stays, I have to say that it's infuriating to have to park way off in the back while day visitors have taken closer spots. How do I know?? Okay....I'll admit it..I was small-minded. I followed one family at BW. Listened to their talking to each other..it was perfectly clear that they were not staying there...actually mentioned what a nice resort it was and how wonderful it must be to just walk to Epcot whenever you wanted to...sure couldn't do that at their resort! So, yes, it happens a lot.

I guess this is a REAL problem (for Disney) only when Disney thinks it is. And IF it is, the only way for Disney to end it (and still allow guests of the resort (including those dining there) to park--is to TOW. Well placed signs and a few months of towing would no doubt effectively end the problem.

I guess this is a REAL problem (for Disney) only when Disney thinks it is. And IF it is, the only way for Disney to end it (and still allow guests of the resort (including those dining there) to park--is to TOW. Well placed signs and a few months of towing would no doubt effectively end the problem.
They do tow, but not regularly. At the busier times...July 4th, Christmas..etc.. many have seen the tow trucks, especially at the monorail/MK resorts. But, they don't do it on a regular basis, which leads people to believe it's okay to park there for park access.

We stayed at the Contemporary last summer and with all of the construction, parking is very limited. If you are going there to eat it may be easier to go to TTC and then monorail over or walk over from the MK.

We stayed at the Contemporary last summer and with all of the construction, parking is very limited. If you are going there to eat it may be easier to go to TTC and then monorail over or walk over from the MK.

GREAT IDEA.. THANKS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter