• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

contemporary or Polynesian

kimysbug

DIS Veteran
We are trying to stay at all Disney resorts , but our next bug trip is for my graduation of RN
school. So we want it to be amazing.

We love the Polynesian have stated with a standard view, and a MK view.
We love the theme, smell, feel of the great ceremonial house, the food, the beach, the walk to grand Floridian, wishes from beach, walking around at night. We also took my mom and stayed there before she passed away, and it was truly magical for all three if us!!
The cast members treated my mom in her wheelchair like a princess. I don't need a view, everything is so pretty over there.

We have never stayed at the contemporary I only want to stay in a MK view in the tower, it doesn't seem as magical, am I wrong?

What to do?

Either tell me stay at the poly or please convince me about the contemporary

If you love the Poly, just stay there. Your visit is going to be a BIG deal, go with what you know. :thumbsup2

We like both, but in this case; GO POLY ::yes::

We have enjoyed our CR stays and really like the resort.

But it sounds like you really love the Poly and have enjoyed many wonderful times there. :goodvibes. I think you should stay there.

We are trying to stay at all Disney resorts , but our next bug trip is for my graduation of RN
school. So we want it to be amazing.

We love the Polynesian have stated with a standard view, and a MK view.
We love the theme, smell, feel of the great ceremonial house, the food, the beach, the walk to grand Floridian, wishes from beach, walking around at night. We also took my mom and stayed there before she passed away, and it was truly magical for all three if us!!
The cast members treated my mom in her wheelchair like a princess. I don't need a view, everything is so pretty over there.

We have never stayed at the contemporary I only want to stay in a MK view in the tower, it doesn't seem as magical, am I wrong?

What to do?

Either tell me stay at the poly or please convince me about the contemporary

I can't convince you to go with the CR as we've never stayed there, but I agree 100% about the Poly. We've only stayed at the Poly once, but that was enough for us to fall in love with it :goodvibes. If it were me, I'd go with the Poly.

was your last trip the one with your mother before she died - if so then go with Cont - if not then go with Polyn

going back to a resort which you enjoyed with a love one and then they died can be painfully for females - males not so much.

now the CR MK view is special - it is a very different resort from the Polyn. First you are closer to the MK - and the view is more of tomorrowland than main street - Castle view.

secondly the fireworks are loud - very loud - at Polyn since it is further away this is generally not a problem.

some people hate the CR = I do now love BLT (the new DVC next to the CR).

It has the same views but except for the fireworks much quieter than the CR - no monorail running thru it - or kids screaming because of Chef Mickey's. You share all the activities, shops and restuarants with the CR. So you get some of the best in a much more (for me) relaxed atmosphere.

so instead of CR maybe try BLT.

besides you seem to want to celebrate at WDW - that means to me a DVC member - if not now someday

My mom passed in 2009

We have stayed at wilderness loge and animal kingdom lodge since then.

Thank you all for your input

CR is the only deluxe I have not stayed in and, although it is on my bucket list, I can't seem to get myself to book it. We visit it almost every trip - we really enjoy the restaurants and the gift shops and I love the mural, but I just can't see myself staying there - it seems so sterile. I know I will do it at some point, maybe for a night or two, just to get it off my list and maybe I will change my mind?

Can you spend two nights at CR and then switch to Poly? If not, I would go with Poly. We were just there about a month ago (we have stayed there 3 times now) and it was our best trip yet! It's so magical. IMHO, the best resort on the monorail.

We love the CR. I actually think the lake view is really pretty, even prettier during the day than the TPV. We love the CR for the CR, but other than that, being able to walk back and forth to MK is really nice as well. GL, you can't go wrong either way :goodvibes

We have stayed at both. Had a MK view at both, and hands down I would say we enjoyed the Poly more than CR. If you were going to be spending quite a bit of time at MK though I'd consider CR with a short walk to the park from the resort. You'd be surprised at the lack of noise that you hear from the CR lobby in the tower rooms, and very rarely will you feel the monorail coming through. We stayed on the 7th floor at CR and every once in a while you'd feel a bit of a rumble as the monorail came through. Not much noise from Chef Mickey's either.

However, given the choice I'd still go with Poly.

To me, contemporary looks like a generic hotel i can go to anywhere.

@kimysbug how did you like the wilderness lodge?

Ive only stayed at the poly and loved it. This trip im planning a split stay either 3nights wilderness lodge and 5 nights poly, or 2 nights wilderness lodge 6 nights poly.

I dont want to do only 5 nights at the poly if im at WL and missing poly alot.

At the same time i dont want to only do 2 nights at WL if im enjoying it alot.

Poly lovers, help!!!

To me, contemporary looks like a generic hotel i can go to anywhere.

@kimysbug how did you like the wilderness lodge?

Ive only stayed at the poly and loved it. This trip im planning a split stay either 3nights wilderness lodge and 5 nights poly, or 2 nights wilderness lodge 6 nights poly.

I dont want to do only 5 nights at the poly if im at WL and missing poly alot.

At the same time i dont want to only do 2 nights at WL if im enjoying it alot.

Poly lovers, help!!!

Poly

I have stayed at both and hands down I like the Poly better. CR is too sterile. too airport like, and too conventionlike for me. Way too much concrete and very little pretty lush grounds. The Poly is completely different. It feels homey, calming, and very lush and green. I am not sorry I stayed at CR because I can say I have but when I go to the Poly I am home.

We really love the wilderness lodge very quite, peaceful and the boat to MK is great.

I'm so happy so many feel like us, CR seems great on paper
But poly is so pretty, warm and inviting

We have stayed at Contemporary (Bay View) and Poly (standard view and club level magic kingdom view). The contemporary is really neat but I haven't stayed there in years - before their room renovations, which I understand were fantastic. But, we prefer the Poly. I would say our preference is a club level room at the Poly. We would upgrade to club level garden view before upgrading to magic kingdom room because the club level experience is so magical, and the club level lounge has a great view of the magic kingdom.

This year will be our second trip to CR. Theme park view again.

Personally I wouldn't do CR unless I had a TP view. That is the main draw for me.

We choose CR over poly this time because of 4 days in mk over the length of our trip. We also have a few nights scheduled to be in our room for wishes/hallowishes and it's like having a private view so for this trip, it makes sense.

The monorail sucked last November. Only have to use it for EP this tripand meals at GF.

Next trip we will probably do poly.

Enjoy your trip!

I loved the CR; I was not impressed with the Poly.

The beds at the CR were literally the most comfortable beds I have ever, ever slept in - including the beds at my own home or at relatives' homes.

The room seemed so large and modern; we had a bay view from the tower and it was just beautiful and serene.

Watching the monorail silently slide in and out of the building was something I just couldn't get over. I loved being that part of other people's vacations; watching the full monorail moving in and out like clockwork was magical. When I was a kid, the CR was THE HOTEL we wanted to stay at so badly.

Walking to MK was so wonderful; we felt like we could just quickly jet over there anytime we wanted - and we did! We didn't have to wait for a monorail or bus or boat, we just walked on over. Nice for a quick spin on Pirates or HM, then a quick cinnamon roll and we were back in our room again!

It was beyond fabulous to just walk over after MNSSHP was over on one night - no waiting on buses, no monorail, no boat, just excited families bonding over the short walk back to the CR.

If I had my way, we'd stay there every trip! I don't think it's the kind of hotel you could stay at "anywhere," I've never seen a convention hall in Vegas with Chef Mickey in the atrium!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter