• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary or Beach Club?

Where would you stay?

• Contemporary

• Beach Club

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd say Contemporary just becuase of the monorail access to the parks, and if you are lucky enough for a water view room in the tower, the view is amazing!!

I knwo I commented before, but can we pick an "other" haha. i would vote between beach club and poly or beach club and the GF. still have good pools, great theming, and monorail access. maybe you can do beach club when teh kids are a little older?

I would go with CR. Beach Club was my least favorite Disney Resort next to the All Stars. The only thing kid friendly about Beach Club is the pool and thats usually packed.

Definitely the Contemporary. The standard rooms at the CR are larger than the standard BC rooms. With 3 kids, that's important. The CR is the most convenient to the MK. It's a quick walk, or a short ride on the monorail. Being on the monorail is great, and unless you've actually stayed at a monorail resort, that part is a bit hard to understand. CR has a great beach, it's on a beautiful lake, and has a decent pool, though it's no SAB. SAB is great, but it's no waterpark. I would definitely plan time in for TL and BB instead of SAB, regardless of where you stay.

Wow, thanks everyone for your replies! You have really helped make this an easy decision for me. The main reason we looked at BC was because of SAB, but it sounds like it's not the safest pool for young kids (and I am a FANATIC about pool safety...I am so scared of them drowning). And we were planning on spending a day at BB anyway. So I think Contemporary it is! I grew up staying at the Poly so I know how wonderful a monorail resort can be. In truth, Poly is my first choice, but DH is not thrilled with the theming (he must be insane!), and it is slightly more expensive than CR. Plus, being able to walk to MK is soooo appealing!

Thanks again for your insightful comments! If we make it back when the kids are older, I think we will definitely try BC.

Wow, thanks everyone for your replies! You have really helped make this an easy decision for me. The main reason we looked at BC was because of SAB, but it sounds like it's not the safest pool for young kids (and I am a FANATIC about pool safety...I am so scared of them drowning). And we were planning on spending a day at BB anyway. So I think Contemporary it is! I grew up staying at the Poly so I know how wonderful a monorail resort can be. In truth, Poly is my first choice, but DH is not thrilled with the theming (he must be insane!), and it is slightly more expensive than CR. Plus, being able to walk to MK is soooo appealing!

Thanks again for your insightful comments! If we make it back when the kids are older, I think we will definitely try BC.
I just want to say you made a great choice in picking the Contemporary and you will have a lot fun there, in fact you may like it a lot you will want to stay there again on a future trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter