• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary Hotel layouts?

dizfamily

Mouseketeer
I took quite a few pictures at our hotel (Contemporary)..pictures like the girls in front of the Christmas tree in the lobby, pictures of the EWP, pictures of fireworks from the observation deck, and a few other miscellaneous hotel pictures. (NONE of the outside of the hotel, though!) I'm at a loss for layout ideas. Has anyone by any chance done a layout like this? Either the Contemporary or any Disney hotel?

planning on using hawaiian type diecuts for my layout. I haven't started yet but that is my idea. Maybe you could do something contemporary like bright bold colors and sharp angles, etc... I am not too great of coming up with ideas.

Good LUck!

actually, that's a pretty good idea about the shapes...i could do lots of different odd shapes or something....hmmmm......and yeah, those bold (gaudy <G>) colors

Maybe you could take some of the literature from the hotel that you received at check in and copy the font or style. Did you happen to purchase any postcards from the Contemporary with pictures of it or bring home the "complimentary" postcards, they usually have pictures and info about the hotel on them. Did you happen to save your parking pass? That usually has the name of the hotel on it, you could use that too. Perhaps you could down load some pics of the exterior. The bold colors and angular lines you mentioned sound like they'd give you the feel you are looking for. :)

We stayed at the Wilderness lodge in August. I have a four page layout of just the lodge and pool. I used light earthy colors like sage green and various creams and browns with a bit of black for accent, on everything except the pool page. I also used Alphabet stickers with the letters made from "logs". The postcards work well on the intro page. I matted some pictures with a bit of the paper that has the pine needles on it. Some day when I scan it all, I hope to post it. If I can ever figure out how! :)

Robyn

Thanks for the ideas! I don't think we had a postcard in our room, which is odd. I know when we stayed at POR in March we had one, which I brought home and used in the scrapbook. Didn't even think to buy one either or take a picture. So I have NO pics of the outside of the hotel. A friend of mine just went to WDW for the marathon too and I didn't even think to ask her to get one for me. Of course, I hadn't started scrapping my pics before she left, so I guess that's why I didn't think of it.

Michelle,

I found some pictures of the Caribbean Beach on the net, which I used for one of my pages - the quality isn't brilliant so I only printed them out quite small, but I really wanted to include something which showed the exterior of the hotel and I had forgotten to take any.

There are photo;s of all the hotels on www.wdwig.com

cont77.jpg

They are copyrighted, but I think for your own personal scrapbooks, they should be ok to use.

Bev

Great pic of the contemporary..thanks! didn't even think about checking that website for pics!

Aren't the Contemporary colors a purple (not unlike the highlighted thread), teal and black? Using those in your layout might be nice.

Using the geometric shapes along with the purple and teal should give you a good feel for things. That is what I did after we stayed at the Contemporary.

Similar for Poly and Grand Floridian using their colors and themes. For instance the Grand Floridian has that peach and pale green and I used a scissors with a shape much like Victorian gingerbread trim. And as already mentioned the tropical theme for Poly. Contemporary has really clean lines, so I'd stay with the ovals and straight lines - nothing to fancy.

Good luck!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter