• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary Deluxe Room Garden Wing vs BWI Villa Studio

taytayashmash

Earning My Ears
Currently have a Free Dining Package at booked Contemporary in a Deluxe Garden Wing room (summer dates). It is at the elbow of the Garden Wing and is over 600 sq ft. 1 king, 1 queen sofabed. Only 3 exist on property. Going with DH, 2 teen DD's and myself. We are arriving the day before and staying at the Swan. I did a search today and found a BWI Villa Studio room available where we can stay the entire trip for only $100 more (so we would cancel Swan). Opinions as to which I should go with? 1 night at Swan, 6 nights at Contemporary with large room, or 7 full nights (with that extra night of dining) with the smaller set up at BWI?

Imo depends what park your likely to spend the most time at. Plus imo CR has the dullest pool but bw pool bored my almost then teen as well - but she enjoyed the surrounding area more at BW then at CR

Humm... The Garden Wing area has never interested me at the Contemporary. The size of that room is tempting though 600sq ft is nice.

We love the BW area and when our kids were teens, it was there favorite area. They loved both pools and the location. There is so much going on at night, it kept us very entertained.

Will your teens sleep on a sofa bed together? At the BWV Studio has a pull down bed plus the sofa bed. My teen would sleep on the pull down bed before sharing the sofa bed.

Is there a daybed at the Contemporary? That would make a difference to us for sleeping surfaces. We have all slept on the daybeds and found them very comfy.

we just stayed at BW studio with two teens (one boy and one girl) in August and found the room to be plenty big. We loved staying at BW and loved being able to walk to Epcot/HS or take the boat and at night the kids could go get ice cream or pizza or just walk around if they wanted. one of our kids slept on the sofa bed and one on the bed that pulls down and both were comfortable

A few years ago we stayed in one of the deluxe garden wing rooms and it was great. I was there with my then 5 year old son and daughter who was 15. It was great for my daughter to have her own space. The way the room is set up, your teens will have their own space on one side of the room while you have space on the other. The room is surprising large. Also, while much of the garden wing can be a distance away these rooms are very close to the main building and the pool. I do agree the pool is boring, but we feel about the same about the boardwalk pool.

BWVillas (not BWInn) is the DVC component of the BW resort. So you would be renting a BWV studio. It has one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. Plus the bunk sized (smaller than twin sized) murphy bed that folds down under the television. With the sleeper sofa open and the murphy bed down, there isn't much space left over. If you don't plan on spending any time at all in the room, the studio might be okay. The wing room will be much larger and give you a lot more space. I would not want to spend many nights in a BWV studio with four adults.

You will have a small kitchenette (toaster, coffee pot, microwave) opposite the bathroom sink area. The tub/shower and toilet are in a tiny room next to the bathroom sink.

Currently have a Free Dining Package at booked Contemporary in a Deluxe Garden Wing room (summer dates). It is at the elbow of the Garden Wing and is over 600 sq ft. 1 king, 1 queen sofabed. Only 3 exist on property. Going with DH, 2 teen DD's and myself. We are arriving the day before and staying at the Swan. I did a search today and found a BWI Villa Studio room available where we can stay the entire trip for only $100 more (so we would cancel Swan). Opinions as to which I should go with? 1 night at Swan, 6 nights at Contemporary with large room, or 7 full nights (with that extra night of dining) with the smaller set up at BWI?

While we have really enjoyed our stays in the CR garden wing, in your case, I think I would switch. For one, if you are flying, you will then get DME for both your arrival and departure dates (there is no DME at the Swan). You will be sacrificing space by switching to the studio, but you will gain an extra sleeping surface so the DD's get their own beds and you will be in a much more exciting area of the resort with quick access to two parks, tons of restaurants and entertainment on the Boardwalk at night. I think teens would find this area a little more interesting than CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter