Contemporary 4th floor Fireworks viewing

cheryterese

DIS Veteran
How is the MK fireworks viewing from the Contemporary 4th floor public viewing area? We'll be staying there in a couple weeks and are debating watching the display from there rather than in the park. (We don't have an MK view room.) Is it pretty crowded? One of our kids has sensory issues so I'm wondering which spot would be better for him, park or hotel. Are there any other spots at the Contemporary with a decent view? Thanks!

Many people open the doors to the fire stairs and watch from the staircase. You need to make sure to put a tray or something to hold the door open because once it closes, it locks behind you and you have to walk down or up to get to an open door. Many people do this but the number is less than the 4th floor viewing area.

I generally don't recommend only remote HEA viewing, because it is better in the hub, by the castle. I can understand how there might be circumstances that prevent standing with your new, closest 10,000+ friends in the hub.

It seemed the 4th floor area had a lot of people on the rainy night I walked by during HEA (going up to the DVC TOWL). I would worry it would be one of those, I get the child a perfect spot at the railing, but the child decided to wander a little and immediately lost the good spot. The fireworks seemed decently large as I glanced out.

Maybe someone can confirm but I 'think' the 4th floor viewing area is used for the "Highway in the Sky Dine Around" event which is offered on select nights. The 4th floor viewing area may not be accessible when that event is going on, I'm not sure. Just a heads up in case you encounter this!

Thanks, all. I will probably stay with 2 of my kids to watch from the hub, but my husband will most likely take our one son back to the hotel to watch so this info. is helpful.

We are at CR now and watched them from the 4th floor viewing area on Thursday. There was a party going on but that was at one end of the viewing area. We got there at 8:45 and was able to get a spot at the rail.

We are at CR now and watched them from the 4th floor viewing area on Thursday. There was a party going on but that was at one end of the viewing area. We got there at 8:45 and was able to get a spot at the rail.
The party is likely the "Highway in the Sky" dining even that is a fairly regular event these days.

Maybe someone can confirm but I 'think' the 4th floor viewing area is used for the "Highway in the Sky Dine Around" event which is offered on select nights. The 4th floor viewing area may not be accessible when that event is going on, I'm not sure. Just a heads up in case you encounter this!
Part of the area is blocked off for HitS guests, but there's still space for viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter