Contemporary 14th Floor Rehab?

lvloopingbag

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Is it true that the 12th floor concierge is now open and they just started the rehab of the 14th floor concierge? How long is it expected to take? We were thinking of staying there in December and have a room on hold.....Thanks!

Yes, the 12th floor did just reopen, but I haven't heard that they've actually started on the 14th floor yet. If I'm not mistaken, it took about 6 months for the 12th floor to be completely redone, but they were creating a brand new lounge and balcony. If I had to guess, I would think that their plans are to have the 14th up and running in time for the holidays. As there are only 16 rooms on that floor, it seems reasonable that, barring any unforseen delays, they complete it within a few months.

You may get more up to date information by checking in with the IPO department.

We have reservations for the 14th floor December 19 - December 26th. The have been told that unless there is a disaster of some kind, the 14th floor should be open way before that. :thumbsup2

In the thread other about the Contemporary Concierge http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1170772, someone posted on the 2nd page that renovations to the 14th floor are to start at the end of the month & assuming everything goes on schedule, it should be re-opened sometime in September. Also I agree with Tammi since there are only 16 rooms on the 14th floor, this should not take as long as the other Tower floors did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter