• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contempo Cafe or QS in MK

Jillinwonderland

Mouseketeer
How is it? Basic? We're looking for a QS for dinner either there or in MK. Casey's is out since we don't do hot dogs. Any other suggestions? Tips? Pictures?

Head over to the Harbor House in the Magic Kingdom. Great food, ample indoor seating, and a quiet upstairs dining area.

I love the Lighthouse sandwich with hummus, tomato, and broccoli slaw on hearty and flavorful multigrain bread. They have wonderful clam chowder and for dessert they actually offer an apple tart which is not pre-packaged like many QS desserts. My son wants me to add that they have great fried stuff as well.

Contempo Cafe is ok, but both other monorail resorts have nicer QS in my opinion.

MK has plenty of CS places.

The one mentioned above as well as Cosmic Rays. Here you can get ribs, chicken, turkey wrap, cheese steak.
Pecos Bills is another. They serve hambugers and have a taco salad (that is great).

So there is plenty of CS to choose from.

I love Contempo Cafe! It's one of my favorite resort QS locations (up there with Gasparilla's). The marinated beef flatbread is one of my favorite things - it has goat cheese, tomatoes, arugula, and caramelized onions. They also have good sandwiches (burgers, mahi mahi, grilled chicken, turkey, ham, etc), other flatbreads, pasta dishes, salads (the chopped salad and caesar salad are delicious), and yummy house chips (they're thickly cut and they're sweet like barbecue chips). Plus, it's a very convenient location that's close to the monorail stop.

I would go with the Contempo Cafe because they have much more detailed menu then any of the counter service locations at the Magic Kingdom. Plus a lot of their foods like Salads are made fresh each time you order them and not pre-packaged and kept in a fridge all day.

Unless you are already in the Contemporary I would not make a special trip just for the Contempo Cafe. It is a counterservice joint and is of the same quality as the others anywhere else.

In the MK we prefer the Columbia Harbour House, but many also love Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's.

Head over to the Harbor House in the Magic Kingdom. Great food, ample indoor seating, and a quiet upstairs dining area.

I love the Lighthouse sandwich with hummus, tomato, and broccoli slaw on hearty and flavorful multigrain bread. They have wonderful clam chowder and for dessert they actually offer an apple tart which is not pre-packaged like many QS desserts. My son wants me to add that they have great fried stuff as well.

Contempo Cafe is ok, but both other monorail resorts have nicer QS in my opinion.

Ditto, Columbia Harbour House is one of only a few CS locations that we enjoy.

Ive heard great things about the cupcakes at Contempo Cafe..I plan on stopping by for some..

Loved Contempo Cafe>>we ate there xmas week this year. The menu is very good with great fresh choices (they give you beeper to pick it up when its ready). DH had huge flatbread sandwich and I had steak/blue cheese salad..both were yummy as were the cupcakes. DH had dulce de leche and it is huge(like the ones at Starring Rolls in DHS). Its only a quick monorail or walk there and a nice break from MK. We love to shop at the CR shops after. If you choose to stay at MK, my choice would be CHH (we have eaten at Main St. Bakery, Casey's, cosmic Rays and Pecos Bills and they are Ok too and (nice fixins bar at Pecos), but still prefer quality at CHH(like to sit upstairs.

Connears

My favorite beef flatbread:

IMG_7472.jpg

A Turkey sandwich with bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheddar, and house chips:

IMG_7474.jpg

Also - while I believe the CS locations in the parks keep the same menu all day, many of the resort CS have some additional menu items available at dinner (usually staring at 5 pm). Plus the resort CS offer more dessert choices than the parks do.

And I am also a Contempo Cafe fan; ate there on our last trip and definitely plan to go back and do it this time too!

Contempo Cafe is one of the better counter service places we have been, so i'd go there. if you stay in MK, here's another vote for Columbia Harbour House. If you are getting on the monorail to go to CS anyway, i'd also consider Captain Cook's at the Polynesian.

Have to have my Taco sald a Tortuga, second the flatbread at Contempo, and we always monorail over to Poly at least twice a trip to Capn Cooks, once for the yummy Tonga toast, and at least once for the Aloha pork sandwich and dole whip for dessert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter