Contemplating ressie at Contemp or changing to ASMU family suite - HELP

tami82

DIS Veteran
Currently i have a ressie at Contemporary for 4 nights in Aug for free dining regular park tickets. I am also tempted to change my reservation to ASMU which would be a bit cheaper, we could add on options on the tickets such as hopper & waterpark, we would get the bigger room family suite which means we would have our own room & be able to stay an extra night or two for even cheaper than we are staying now for the monorail resort with.
I dont know how we will survive being all in one room, so all of this put together has me thinking about changing to the value resort.

I would also probably prefer to drive to the parks then take the bus even though the bus system is ok.
The other thing i am worried about also is how long it takes from the resort to drive and what the poster above mentioned that you have to wait for tram to get to your car, worry about getting a parking spot, etc.......

Does staying at ASMU, driving myself to the parks, does that equate staying at Contemporary in the Garden Wing and say walking to the MK or walking to the tower to take the tram to the MK?

Stay at the ASMu. the bus service there is great, we have never waited more then 15 for a bus and that was on holidays. the bus service at the poly sucks, we waited over an hour for a bus to mgm, after eating there. remember the only close park at the poly is mk, otherwise it is transfering to th e other monarail line or to a bus or boat. not worth the hassle, after a couple of time of trying to get a bus to the deluxe resorts for meals or to check them out, i knew we wouldnt stay there, the bus service is 10x at the values

Have you looked to see if those ASMu rooms are available yet?
I'd change. Sounds like a better fit for your family.
Also, I would drive to all the parks if you want EXCEPT MK. Take the bus to it, so you get dropped off right in front and don't have to deal with trams and monorail/ferry. That adds a lot of time to the transportation part of your day.

I think I would change too. Getting a longer WDW vacation and getting to do more sounds worth. Plus you'd have extra space. All that is worth giving up the perks of staying at the Contemporary.

thanks everyone! Yes they did have the family suite available for the time I am staying and I know it is something i would probably have to jump on right away.

I would go for the family suite with a longer stay. We stayed at contemporary on our last trip. We enjoyed the fireworks from the balcony but that was about it. The bus service was HORRIBLE. While the manager did try to make us happy. He gave us a bunch of front of line passes for our party of 9, it was 7 days of bad bus service. We waited one day almost an hour for a bus. We had always wanted to stay there but it will be a one time thing for us. I think you will be quite happy with the family suite, especially if you are like us and dont spend that much time at the hotel anyway.

thanks! If we decide to keep our ressie at CR i definitely will not be using the bus service anyway, that kind of defeats the purpose of staying at a monorail resort to begin with. Any other place we need to go we will use our car instead. I dont think my husband has the patients for the bus.

TWO bathrooms! Not sure how many are in your family but that would make the decision for us to stay at ASM. That plus the awful bus service we had to Studios from CR.

I'd switch to ASMU. From your avatar it looks like your kids are young, so they'd probably like the themeing there a lot. The main pool is the 3 Caballeros & is really cute. I've stayed at ASMU 3 times and have always been happy with the bus service. You only share with the other All-Stars, which are right next to each other, so you get on the road to the parks quickly.

We stayed at contemporary last year for one night just because it was my 50th b-day and i've always wanted to stay there. i was very disappointed, it was beautiful but totally not worth the money to me. i also am a child at heart and think that the value resorts have the "Disney magic". Plus if it means you can stay longer....:cool1:

Switch now to ASMu. We stayed in a family suite in December and loved it. It allowed us to take our then 15 month old son back to the room for a nap or to let him run around and play in the living area of the suite. And we had no issues with the buses at all when we stayed (holiday time to boot). I don't think we waited any longer than 10 minutes for a bus going to parks or coming back from parks.

And as someone else pointed out, 2 bathrooms is a blessing...as well as the themeing is better suited for kids. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter