Contemplating cabana rental

We rented a cabana at GCH while staying at PPH. Booked it in advance over the phone. This was over a year ago..maybe the rules have changed?

We've rented cabanas at both the DLH and GCH and have always been told they are for DLH or GCH guests only, no PPH. However, I know last summer (I think it was last summer) they were letting PPH guests rent cabanas at the DLH while the pool at the PPH was being renovated. You can definitely rent at the DLH if you are a GCH guest. Haven't tried the other way around.

Was half day an option?

Yes @ $249. All 3 options were available when I called (full day, 1/2 day AM, or 1/2 day PM). Asked the CM if there was a lot of availability and she said there was, but that it was a good thing I called early (around 6AM Pacific) as they go quickly.

Could anyone comment on crowd levels at the pool during the summer months? We have only been in fall and winter. Always plenty of lounge chairs available.

Made a July 4th ressie last month and it was $249 for the half day.

Could anyone comment on crowd levels at the pool during the summer months? We have only been in fall and winter. Always plenty of lounge chairs available.

If you go back anytime after about noon, our group was never able to find chairs together in July. Maybe one, two if you're lucky. We want dedicated chairs together so we booked the cabana. But we have a group of 8. If you're just 2 or 3, I'd say you can probably find something. Might take a little wandering around 2pm or so waiting for someone to leave, though!

Were you able to request a cabana in a particular area of the pool?
Yup! I asked for one of the ones at the North end of the pool closest to the Fantasy tower because they are quieter. They do get a lot of sun but we never felt it got too hot.

Has anyone done a half day cabana on the day they checked out? We aren't going to a park that day, and can't check into our new hotel in Southern California until 4:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter