contact info higher than DVC member satisfaction

smplyswt0712

Earning My Ears
Hi there. I had a multitude of issues on my most recent trip and reached out to member satisfaction via email. We spoke today and the woman was surprisingly on the rude/unhelpful side.

Does anyone have contact info-- either phone or email -- for anyone above this?

Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I'm SO disappointed to hear members not getting courtesy, and hopefully, helpfulness, from "DVC member satisfaction". Where's the satisfaction?

Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I'm SO disappointed to hear members not getting courtesy, and hopefully, helpfulness, from "DVC member satisfaction". Where's the satisfaction?

Me too. She basically made it sound like it was my fault that we had issues because I didn't make a big scene about it at the hotel. I'm not expecting all my points to get refunded or anything like that, but making me feel stupid for not asking for a manager on-site was not really the response I was hoping for. In retrospect, that would have been the best thing to do, but jeeze.

Me too. She basically made it sound like it was my fault that we had issues because I didn't make a big scene about it at the hotel. I'm not expecting all my points to get refunded or anything like that, but making me feel stupid for not asking for a manager on-site was not really the response I was hoping for. In retrospect, that would have been the best thing to do, but jeeze.

Care to share specifics on what exactly happened? It might help to guide other members if they encounter similar issues in the future.

On a trip to BCV last year we had an issue. I contacted management at the site to no avail so I immediately emailed member satisfaction. I received a call on my provided cell phone number within an hour or so and the issue was resolved very quickly. The issue was a plumbing issue that should not have been brushed off by management on site.

On our last trip we had a bunch of small things happen, mostly housekeeping issues. I spoke to the manager at SSR who really didn't do anything. When I got home I wrote a letter to Ken Potrock (GM or COO) or something of DVC. I explained how much I loved my DVC, how much money I have spent on DVC, tickets , dining etc. etc. I received a call and on my next visit we will have mousekeeping every day. Fine with me.

Member Satisfaction is in the executive offices of the DVC. I would contact them again and ask for a manager call back or address your comments to Ken Potrock, even though Member Satisfaction might be who answers Potrocks emails.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for your help, everyone. I spoke to the original cast member's supervisor, who was able to address my concerns.

Long story short, construction/pool access at VGC was much worse than was let on, at least from our particular room, as well as a bunch of small things -- coffee pot not working, leaky shower, etc. (I did visit the front desk about the small maintenance issues on site, and they eventually took care of them).

They were unable to refund any points -- which is okay because I didn't really expect that -- but he was respectful and seemed understanding of the situation and said we would talk further about it later.

Even if they do nothing, I just feel better that he wasn't placing the blame on me, which is how the first lady made it sound.

One thing about a timeshare, like a condo, is that there are always going to be maintenance issues that will impact guests preferred usage including pool out, views blocked, etc. In large part this is just part of the compromise of owning a timeshare vs paying cash for a hotel. Obviously each situation is different so just speaking generically.

I had major issues with our first stay at the Poly when it first opened. I went to the front desk a couple of times, just out of necessity - one of our showers would not drain, and it was flooding the bathroom. Another time, the cold/hot lever would not work on another shower and all my showers were scalding hot.

When I got home, I emailed DVC member satisfaction about these issues, plus more. The DVC cast member promptly called the Poly front desk to track how many times I had gone down there. I told her that had I known I had to report every little thing to the front desk, I would have. But I didn't, so I contacted DVC when I got home.

It was very disheartening to have them basically say that the issues did not happen since I did not report each and every one to the front desk as they happened. Lesson learned. I will report them in the future :(

I had major issues with our first stay at the Poly when it first opened. I went to the front desk a couple of times, just out of necessity - one of our showers would not drain, and it was flooding the bathroom. Another time, the cold/hot lever would not work on another shower and all my showers were scalding hot.

When I got home, I emailed DVC member satisfaction about these issues, plus more. The DVC cast member promptly called the Poly front desk to track how many times I had gone down there. I told her that had I known I had to report every little thing to the front desk, I would have. But I didn't, so I contacted DVC when I got home.

It was very disheartening to have them basically say that the issues did not happen since I did not report each and every one to the front desk as they happened. Lesson learned. I will report them in the future :(
There are some things where it's just unreasonable to wait and do so after the fact and a waste of everyone's time. I know it's difficult to do some of these things while trying to relax on vacation. If one decides to not do it onsite for such items, then just forget about it and move on. Things like mechanical issues with the villa for example or housekeeping issues.

There are some things where it's just unreasonable to wait and do so after the fact and a waste of everyone's time. I know it's difficult to do some of these things while trying to relax on vacation. If one decides to not do it onsite for such items, then just forget about it and move on. Things like mechanical issues with the villa for example or housekeeping issues.

Agree - it is best to address all issues while still at the resort. With the Poly stay that I posted about, it was a 3 night stay, and I had already gone to the front desk 2 or 3 times because only 2 or our 4 magic bands would work on our connecting studios. No magic bands worked on 1 studio - we were basically locked out. I went once for the flooded bathroom and another time for the faulty hot/cold water lever.

Honestly, I was just over going to the front desk and wasting our family vacation time. They knew me by name on day 3.

The final issue occurred on the last morning of our stay. While we were there, construction was still ongoing on the DVC longhouses. The letter that was mailed to us stated that construction would begin at 9:00 am. It actually began at 7:00 am. We knew this first hand because we had the 2 studios in Pago Pago right by the construction staging area.

That is why I called member satisfaction. But because I had not reported construction starting at 7:00 am to the front desk, it did not really happen. We honestly were just ready to leave the Poly and move to our quiet 2 bedroom at BLT.

Agree - it is best to address all issues while still at the resort. With the Poly stay that I posted about, it was a 3 night stay, and I had already gone to the front desk 2 or 3 times because only 2 or our 4 magic bands would work on our connecting studios. No magic bands worked on 1 studio - we were basically locked out. I went once for the flooded bathroom and another time for the faulty hot/cold water lever.

Honestly, I was just over going to the front desk and wasting our family vacation time. They knew me by name on day 3.

The final issue occurred on the last morning of our stay. While we were there, construction was still ongoing on the DVC longhouses. The letter that was mailed to us stated that construction would begin at 9:00 am. It actually began at 7:00 am. We knew this first hand view because we had the 2 studios in Pago Pago right by the construction staging area.

That is why I called member satisfaction. But because I had not reported construction starting at 7:00 am to the front desk, it did not really happen. We honestly were just ready to leave the Poly and move to our quiet 2 bedroom at BLT.
IMO there are front desk issues and there are MS issues. FD issues should be handled at the resort but often should turn into MS issues if not handled appropriately and reasonably at the resort level but some things are clearly MS issues and normally things that can, and likely should, be handled after the fact. And more often than not it's unreasonable expectations or lack of being well informed on the part of the member, not saying that's the case here as we don't have enough info to make any judgements, just channeling past complaint threads. Plus often it's not what was said but how it was said so you had to be there and I get that. Here's a good example, someone posted about a complaint at Aulani that they didn't like their view from a true OV room. Unfortunately DVC gave them compensation in terms of returned points which is really my biggest issue with DVC, they are far too reactive and not proactive. They don't head off minor issues and let them become major ones and they are EXTREMELY inconsistent in such areas of complaints and compensation. Plus I believe their approach encourages complaints inappropriately at times. Now there certainly are reasonable complaints at times and there are areas where DVC and DVC resorts consistently perform poorly on. I deal with many timeshares over time and ALL of them consistently outperform DVC in many of these areas on a consistent basis. The worst part is it's essentially all things that would be easy to fix and likely easier and less work in the long run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter