Cont North Wing or CBR?

kimmypar

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

DH and I currently have res. for 9 nights at the Cont North Wing in mid Dec but we also have the option of staying at the CBR. We are both in our mid 40s, no children, and enjoy spending a lot of afternoons in our room. I would like hearing opinions on which hotel you think would be best.

I am a new member and just LOVE you guys!

Contemporary North Wing for 9 nights in a row is a lot for 2 adults - split the stay it would be like two vacations

thanks
jaysue

Kim,
DW and I stayed at CBR on our honeymoon (1995) for 9 nights and loved it. My sister just returned from an Easter week vacation and stayed in Aruba (CBR) for 7 nights and loved it.

I have not stayed at the CR, but CBR is a great choice.

Yes, when I first got the computer I had registered but never looked at the boards or posted so I consider myself a new member.

Our family has stayed at CBR 6 times and CR, north wing once (2 years ago). We are going back to CBR in July. The rooms at CR are larger, with two queen size beds instead of double beds at CBR. We were not that impressed with CR, because the rooms and the resort just didn't have a unique Disney feel. I felt like I could have been in any nice hotel in any city. It definitely felt like a hotel. We LOVE the looks of CBR, and it seems so much like a resort.

CR is very convenient for walking to MK, but I thought the transportation to the other parks and DD was very poor, especially to MGM and AK. It seemed like it took FOREVER to get there and back, and you made multiple stops along the way. Although it sounds convenient to take the monorail to Epcot, it's actually pretty time consuming.

The dining choices at CR are definitely better than CBR if you want sit-down dinners. You've also got convenient monorail transport to GF and Poly for more placed to eat. CBR has a better food court though.

CBR is HUGE. If you like to walk it would be a great place to stay in December. If you don't have a car, transportation to DD is much better from CBR.

Enjoy your stay!
Greg

CR is nice for the time you spend "away from the parks". It is convienent to all of the other Monorail hotels (restaurants/activities). Also the boat ride to WL and/or FW is relaxing. My transportation experience at CR overall was good, with no complaints. That said, where are we staying in Aug? For budgetary reasons CBR, also a nice property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter