031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

025.jpg

024.jpg

at 3pm I have to pick up 3 kids from school and drive them home. After I will be heading down to Disney, so look for updates tonight. Might take a lil longer if we decide to eat dinner at DTD or something

Wow. That's an interesting attempt at "camoflage". Thanks so much for posting the photos, but they really make me sad for brides with weddings coming up. :sad1:

I guess again I'm in the minority, but I don't think it looks that bad. I mean, it's not better than no construction, but for what it is, I think I'm happy.

Thank you so much for taking the time to take these pictures. Now that I have seen them it makes me miss the carriage even less. I don't really mind the construction because I know it will still be a magical day. I just don't think the pictures with the carriage would have looked as nice with a bunch of walls everywhere.

I guess again I'm in the minority, but I don't think it looks that bad. I mean, it's not better than no construction, but for what it is, I think I'm happy.

It doesn't look too bad to me either. My only concern is the noise as the walls are definitely closer to the WP than I expected.

I agree, I guess I go to WDW a lot because seeing walls like that is just an everyday thing, lol. It's better than seeing the actual construction, right?

It doesn't look too bad to me either. My only concern is the noise as the walls are definitely closer to the WP than I expected.

I agree. I didn't expect them to be that close so I'm just worried about noise. Other than that, it doesn't really bother me either. Of course, my wedding isn't until March so who knows what's to come by then :lmao:

Can't speak to the noise at the WP, but for my wedding at there was contruction going on2 doors down. It was an outside wedding. You can hear it on the tape, the guests heard it, I did not hear it.

Assuming that you will be indoors, most likely you will not hear the noise.

Agreed, i do not feel it is so bad. I am glad to see some more positive outlooks on the construction. I know it is really negatively impacting some brides and I feel for them but fingers crossed and pixie dust still on our side! :)

my question is: Why are they using two different color walls? (is there a "yak" smilie?). Could we have not, at least, stuck with one color Disney?

afterthought: Could we not have done white walls? You know, WHITE walls that go with the WHITE Grand Floridian and the WHITE wedding pavilion?

Just a thought. :)

afterthought: Could we not have done white walls? You know, WHITE walls that go with the WHITE Grand Floridian and the WHITE wedding pavilion?

Now THAT would've been a good idea! :thumbsup2

And to clarify my earlier post, the thing that makes me sad about the photos is how oppressively close the walls are to the WP and walkway. Maybe if they were white it wouldn't feel so claustrophobic and take away so much from what was left of the ambience.

Now THAT would've been a good idea! :thumbsup2

And to clarify my earlier post, the thing that makes me sad about the photos is how oppressively close the walls are to the WP and walkway. Maybe if they were white it wouldn't feel so claustrophobic and take away so much from what was left of the ambience.

Yes, this is exactly how I feel. I couldn't have put it better myself.

my question is: Why are they using two different color walls? (is there a "yak" smilie?). Could we have not, at least, stuck with one color Disney?

What walls? They are camouflaged. :rotfl: I guess they figured the walls wouldn't be seen so the color didn't matter? Logic fail Disney, logic fail.

I'm sure they have borrowed those worlds from Seaworld - its the same yuk colour that they use.

I'm really shocked at how close the walls are to the wedding pavilion. I really didn't think they would be that close. The whole time I was looking at these pictures I was thinking to myself how if this construction had happened during my wedding how so many pictures that I love would not have been possible. I feel so bad for the upcoming WP brides! :grouphug:

But with that being said I know that there are some fabulous photographers out there who will still provide stunning pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter