Construction in 2020 Opinion

Carl4628

Mouseketeer
Haven’t been on a week long WDW vacation since 2014. Our daughter is at the prime age to really enjoy it and wanted to get some opinions.

I know a lot of attractions are in the pipeline along with other construction projects. In your opinion, what type of impact would this be on a May 2020 vacation?

Do you think the Epcot entrance project will be complete? I am also hearing the Spaceship Earth could be down for an extended period of time.

Other thoughts?

Last edited:
Epcot is going to be a construction zone through 2022.

The entrance is set to begin this year no word on when it will be complete but it will be done in phases.

SSE is not confirmed to close yet but rumors point to a late 2019/early 2020 closure for possibly 2+ years for major work.

Everything has to be done in pieces to help with the guest experience.

Really, here is what it boils down to for me: a day at Disney is always good, just go with proper expectations and have fun.

May should be great if you don't mind some construction in EPCOT and haven't been there in a while. The whole Seas-Land-Imagination side of things is stable.

Magic Kingdom is solid aside from the Speedway. Hollywood Studios has Toy Story Land and will be pre-Star Wars madness. Animal Kingdom is pretty stable, even with Avatar being busy.

I would absolutely consider a May 2019 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter