• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Consistently over-inflated car rental prices - MCO

Seems like from I read here that its a good option but prepared to pay additional driver fee. However, if I understand correctly that cant charge you that in California if its a spouse. Can anyone confirm that?

We didn't book in advance. When we arrived at MCO we walked up to the first place without a line, National, and asked how much for a week. $150.00.

This is risky. I did it by accident last year in Austin. Let's just say the price I got was a LOT higher then my corporate contract! (I think I paid about $300 for four days and that was at the only option with cars!)

jmho but MCO has many tourists vs business travelers. If these boards are representative as a whole, many of those renting appear to have multiple reservations at any time. If the companies see bookings at a certain %, the deals just won't be there.

I try to book reservations in MCO early, then watch like a hawk. I'm sitting on a one-way rental for a midsize for a week the latter part of may thru Alamo for $125. It's the lowest rate i've paid in years. Booked it 2-1/2 months prior to trip date. Can't remember if I used WDW AP or Orlando Magic Card, but both produce decent rates for me. The Costco rate always little less & includes an extra driver but none near me.

I have booked with priceline or hotwire if I can't find anything within my comfort level a month or so out from my trip. Only issue is varying longish waits in the terminal to retrieve keys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter