Consignment sale pricing questions--help please!

AllesonWonderland

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I'm getting items ready for a local consignment sale and I'm totally lost on how to price some toys. I have:

Kasey the Kinderbot with 6 cartridges (plus the one it came with.)

My first leap pad with a backpack, extra 'pen' 9 books/cartridges (plus the one it came with)

Regular leap pad with a backpack, reading light, 15 books/cartridges (plus the one it came with)

Am I better off selling these as big lots, or all separately? Any ideas on pricing?

How about Strawberry Shortcake stuff? Dolls, Horses, the Strawberry House?

Felt boards and lots of felts?

There are a bazillion Bratz dolls upstairs too...will those sell or are they 'so 5 years ago!' LOL

Thanks in advance!!

Our local consignment sale normally recommends you price things 1/2 to 1/3 of the original price depending on what kind of shape it's in. I usually just think about what I would pay for the item and price it that way.

I agree with the 1/2 to 1/3 of price. However, our area consignment shops set the prices. You either take what they suggest or take your items home.

My local consignment shop did the pricing of items - you just dropped off all of your stuff and they priced it and you received x% of the sale price. They also had a schedule of when the discounts would start.

I agree with what the others have said. It depends on if you want your money out of it or you just want to get rid of it and get some money. I try to look at the item and think what I would pay for it. You'll get to the sale and see four of the same object has four different prices. Go with your gut and hope for the best.

Check ebay completed auctions for the Kasey and the Leap Pads. Some of the books/cartridges are worth more than others and may be worth putting on ebay instead.

Bag a bunch of the BRATZ up and sell them together. There is also someone on the trade thread looking for BRATZ stuff so check that out too.

I am on the board of our church's consignment sale, and it is a very large and successful sale. We recommend to price the items 30-40% of retail. We have alot of sellers who try to price their items too high, and come back Sat afternoon to pick up unsold items only to find they sold almost nothing. I always price mine on the lower side, because I don't want anything back!

Just to clarify, I think she is referring to a consignment sale vs. a consignment shop which is different. I just put some leapfrog stuff in our local sale that starts on Friday and priced my Leapfrog Leappad system with case at $24 and the game/cartridge for $7 each. I will let you know if they sell. I will not know until Sunday. I was undecided on price and how to sell them but went ahead with selling them separately. Good luck with your sale. When is it?

Just to clarify, I think she is referring to a consignment sale vs. a consignment shop which is different. I just put some leapfrog stuff in our local sale that starts on Friday and priced my Leapfrog Leappad system with case at $24 and the game/cartridge for $7 each. I will let you know if they sell. I will not know until Sunday. I was undecided on price and how to sell them but went ahead with selling them separately. Good luck with your sale. When is it?

You're right, it is a local sale, not a shop. Drop off is today--presale is tomorrow and public is Friday-Sunday. Luckily, there's another (different) one next week that I planned on just retagging whatever doesn't sell and putting in that one. So, because of that I suppose I could hedge, price things a little higher and then if it doesn't sell mark it down a bit for the next one. Part of me wants to get rid of it, but the stubborn part of me would rather keep it or give it to someone I know rather than sell it too cheap. :lmao: Let me know how your sale goes--good luck to you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter